I am making this thread to get some feedback on the changes that will be coming in the next Garry’s Mod update for the default Sandbox tools.
The picture above represents the updated tool UI that will be available in the next update.
The reason for the UI changes is to improve the usefulness of the “Toolgun Help” UI to be actually helpful.
It now displays what key will do what action at what time.
It also uncovers a few previously hidden and a few brand new features in the tools.
Now, English is not my native language, so I have to ask for help from the community.
I ask you to look through the picture above and point out any weird or incorrect wording that the picture may have before those new lines are put onto the translation server.
I also would be grateful if you’d provide your feedback, if any, on the following changes to the default/vanilla tools.
If you have any suggestions/ideas for the default tools, like new functionality for existing tools, please do tell.
List of improvements/changes to the default tool set that are planned:
- Improved Inflator tool to scale adjacent bones properly - No longer scaling an arm or a leg scales the chest of a character, etc
- Muscle Tool - Fixed “Start On” not doing anything
- Improved Faceposer Tool - Now usable on prop_effect entities & other minor improvements and bug fixes
- Paint Tool got a new Reload action - Clear decals on selected entity
- Whitelist to model convars - this is to stop malicious players to bypass prop blacklists on servers. This may break duplications that use custom models however
- Many improvements to Spawnmenu UI to be less laggy, better scaling, ability to manually resize spawnmenu parts, etc
- Paint no longer applies the decals twice on client and it no longer plays the sound twice in multiplayer
- Inflator Tool should no longer spazz out on high latency servers
Possible new features:
- Infiltrator working on players
- Copy feature for Color & Material tools for the right click, move reset functionality to the Reload button for consistency with the rest of the tools - my concern is that people are probably too used to right click being the reset button for these tools