Sb_Construct

I’ve been trying to get back into Source 2 Hammer after leaving it for a while, I wanted to come back to a little project by attempting to remake gm_construct from scratch. I think it looks great so far, I still have a lot of changes/fixes to do.

5 Likes

Nice! It already looks pretty good.
When you are done with the actual map, you should try to remake the textures into nice high definition ones.
Keep us updated.

2 Likes

I alrealy ported gm_construct on source 2 with HD PBR materials https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2099732868

1 Like

Ported, but not remade.

3 Likes

You should make that big building by spawn an actual building. & not just a block with un-accessible balconies.

3 Likes

I think that for S&Box it will be necessary to create a completely new map that will be associated with this particular game, and not with another. Of course, you can add as some workshop content, but no more.

2 Likes

I disagree with the idea that Garry’s mod maps should not be ported at all wholeheartedly. The entire suggestion of that is actually kinda annoying. Sandbox is taking the ideals spun up by GMod and giving them a more extensible and modern engine. The obvious first place to start is to make that home however you see fit. Then go off from there. If people want Gmod maps in Sandbox then it is not a total waste of time to make it so.

1 Like

Noone is saying you shouldn’t port Gmod maps at all, what are you on about?

1 Like

Looking pretty good.

1 Like

There have been a few people saying they would not like that to be a thing in a couple of other similar posts. I am more making a general statement.

1 Like

I agree with you, I do think that having new maps will be nice. I’m just working on it to get the feeling of the mapping tools again.

1 Like

new maps are great 100% but if someone wants to port Gmod or other source 1 maps to Sandbox then they 100% should be allowed to and should be encouraged, not told they want original content in sandbox that is where my argument lies.

1 Like

Again, noone is saying they shouldn’t be allowed to port maps or discouraged from it, saying you’d like to see and would prefer original content does not equal saying “buhh ported maps are FORBIDDEN durrr”

Have you got any examples of posts on these forums that actually straight out say this, or are you just misunderstanding what people are saying?

1 Like

Cutesy from the thread "Source 1 > Source 2 porting. “Just make new maps” and “It’s better to make new stuff than recycle the shit from source 1”. Comments I believe you liked.

1 Like

I don’t know how you could possibly interpret those comments as discouraging people from porting maps. There is a preference with some users for original content, this does not mean they’re trying to discourage ported content - this should be pretty clear to anyone, even from the example comments you provided

1 Like

Telling the user to “just make new maps” in a thread specifically about porting is the same as saying lets not port maps. AKA discouraging porting maps from Source 1 > Source 2

1 Like