SB help

These all happen on SB servers.

Ok. here’s what happens. I ANY go onto spacebuild server. I open spawn menu for first time and I crash. That’s sometimes and rare. Sometimes spawn menu does load but when I choose another tab like [SBMP]Smallbridge DW and then it freezes, then crashes, this happens slightly more commonly than first. Sometimes gmod just crashes when someone fires I weapon I don’t have, are LUA errors supposed to crash you?

Any ideas anyone?

I would also like to mention on one of the SB servers I spawned an NPC to see if they were avaible, I don’t know why they never are, and a message popped up saying the NPC wasn’t availible. I though ok, but I can’t press ok on message =/ Whichever server that is can you please not make that message popup because only way to play gmod after it pops up is to alt + f4 gmod.

Also, Smallbridge parts lag me alot, is that just because of my crap graphics card?

Main specs
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M#
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57, 1900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Memory: 2GB
Hard Drive: 147 GB
Operating system: Windows Vista™ Home Premium. Service Pack 2

I have a feeling vista may be cause of some problems because after all this time vista is still extremely unstable with most games.

Lua errors aren’t supposed to happen.

To press ok on the message, try holding the C button to bring the cursor up, if that doesn’t work, try pressing F1 and that should bring cursor up.

Try updating graphics card drivers, here is the latest version for your card http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_179.48_beta.html

Menu crash problem:
Go to an empty map in single player and open them there. Still crashes?
Maybe your computer is not powerful enough. Or maybe you have too many addons.

Unavailable NPC:
This means the server doesn’t have that NPC, but you do. Solution: Don’t spawn them.

Laggy smallbridge:
I’d guess it is your graphics card. Try lowering the graphics in Options -> Video -> Advanced.
Especially Filtering and Anti Aliasing. Set those to the lowest.

Thanks for that, updating now :smiley:

That’s the thing, all my graphics are set as low as possible. Only thing that isn’t and I’m not prepared to sacrifice is my 1280X800 Resolution. I hate low resolution, the screen goes so tiny. I know I have an amazingly bad graphics card but seriously, how can it lag THAT bad just by looking at ONE Smallbridge part.

Also, no one try the “close any uneeded programs with task manager” because I do that EVERY time I start up my comp. Except steam which has to be on, using about 9,000 KB of my memory doing…nothing. oh, and windows explorer which I need on to do anything.

The menu = crash.
I get non of that on multiplayer but I get it EVERY time I acess menu on singleplayer. That means If I want to build something really cool I have to run the risk on either: A. Someone destroying it before it’s ready or B. My crappy internet failing and I forget to save it in both cases =/

I’m REALLY looking forward to my new computer at christmas, it will be a massive improvement on this thing.