sb_simplicity

[release][tab]Name:[/tab] sb_simplicity

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.0

[tab]Description:[/tab] Simple SpaceBuild map

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] SB2, Gmod, RD2, Ep2

[tab]Download:[/tab] http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=59493 [/release]

Just a simple SB map I made as a warm-up after a long hiatus due to various unrelated reasons. I’ve heard a lot of people talk about a SB map with one or two planets and just a lot of empty space, and decided to do it. This is also the first map to include a model I have made from scratch, materials and all. It should be compatible with SB/RD3, though I have not taken time to look at how backwards compatible it is. The screenshots are in the download link as you fine gentlemen undoubtedly know by now. Enjoy.

Very nice looking, though the planet’s outside texture looks pretty low resolution.

I am going to go try it out. I am running SB 3 so i’ll tell you guys if it works

Good idea, tell me how it goes.

Well just got done try the map out and it worked perfectly! I had full support with SB 3 got everything working.

As for the map. It’s awesome! I love the way you have done this map. It makes the perfect moon landing map. Here have a mapping kind

I like the sky detail on the planet and the not-so-claustrophobic space around it. Well done!

All the models seem to show up as errors.

Fun map, just 2 small issues.

1. Can’t tell where the map boundaries are. An issue with most SB maps, just a little more pronounced here.

2. The asteroids. Funny when people run into them and send them flying, not as funny when they drift onto the planet. Eventually, half the asteroids ended up sitting on the ground, and the game wouldn’t let me pick them up. Had to shoo them out using a prop.

Other than that, it’s perfect for blowing up people’s ships. :smiley:

I love the look of this map. Mapping King’d. :4chan:

Lazermaniac and Shanjaq are back? Awesome!

My map has no asteroids :confused:

Mining addon adds them.

Downloaded and I’ll give it a try soon. The end of the description reminds me of fable or oblivion for some reason :S

EDIT- Booted it up and got a bunch of errors on the ridges. Guessing you need EP2 :frowning:

EDIT2- And this.

No idea what the hula doll is doing there. I sure as hell didn’t place one in the map. Trees being errors is Ep2, I’ve edited the OP with that now.

Where’d the link go? I used to have this map and I loved it so. :<