#SBoxlimit_lights and Painting.

1. whenever i try to attach a light to something it says #SBoxLimit_lights and i can’t find a place to turn the limit up, so im wondering if theres a way to fix that.

2. Is there a way to be able to paint more w/o the old paint getting erased, this game seriously does not allow you to paint much at all and thats a real bummer.

All help is appreciated, thanks.

I think paint may be under the decal limit. I’m not 100% though. So find where the decal limit slider is and bump that up.

Or

sbox_maxdecals 999999999999

Maybe

I registered to answer this question, both for your sake and for anyone else who stumbles across this OBNOXIOUS problem.

These are the symptoms I witnessed on several of my computers-
1- The console command to control lights should be completely removed

2- When making a server, you should not even see the lights limit
—HOWEVER, you should see some malarkey regarding scripted entities

3- When playing single player you may or may not be able to make lights

4- When trying to make a light you should see “#SBox Limit_lights”

5- In the console you should see “You have hit the lights limit!”

I found that a certain addon- Dismemberment Mod 1.9 - was the cause of the problem.
I am glad that I found the cause of the problem, but it is unfortunate that one of my
favorite mods was the culprit.

Misanthropy

sbox_maxlights 10

That command will up the limit to 10 lights.

Actually, some people doesn’t have that command when they host using ‘create multiplayer game’ (like myself).

—{lavacano}—“That command will up the limit to 10 lights.”

Thanks for that, but personally, I know almost every console command, including that one.

—{no-named}—"Actually, some people doesn’t have that command when they host using ‘create multiplayer game’ (like myself). "

Exactly. As I said-

—{myself}—“1- The console command to control lights should be completely removed”

When I use this mod in a LAN or internet game, NOT ONLY do I not get any dismemberment effects,
but the ability to change the lights limit doesn’t work at all, and it is replaced with a “scripted entities” checkbox. The console command is COMPLETELY removed. Wiremod lights still work, but I haven’t the faintest idea how to use them.

I found that the Dismemberment Mod itself was the problem.
Either that, or it had a conflict with one of my other other mods.

Misanthropy