Scared by Cheater

Ye i know,
I play since 2002 on quake3, the father of these shits, and… the story… is ever the same.

But now I’m Very Scared,
in the past was possible to detect some .exe, .dll etc…
but now?

Now the system is changed,
now the are something like tens of “online system cheat” …
GUARANTEED to be 100% anti-vac/punkbuster/battleye SECURE.

WTF ?!?

How -YOU- (developer) or -ME- (admin of a little server) or -THEM-(STEAM) can counteract this ?

Im terrorized, because … seems to be… the don Quixote story…

You are not going to badmouth the product you want to sell to other people.

On free sites they barely know what they are doing (hell the user used so many hacks that they can’t even pinpoint the problem). And on paid sites they censor the shit out of anyone complaining they got banned for using it.

You are right,
anyway some sites give you a real guarantee, that works like: “you got banned? We will give you another cd-key” - satisfied or your money back -.

I played 3 years,completely unaware, with a friend, until… he got banned.

He lost my respect, but I lost the confidence in these anti-cheat systems…
is it possible that developer can’t counteract these cheat system from source?

They can’t, cheats are constantly being updated, there is no way to catch 100% of cases immediately, it takes time.

Cheat and hack prevention will always be a reactive measure. There is absolutely no way to make any system 100% safe unless you make all interactions self contained and prevent physical access. In other words if you want to be cheat/hack proof we must go back to the days of arcades with all games held in their own machines with no connectivity. The only other option is to be proactive about methods that making hacking more difficult and to adapt to new hacks that pop up.

the best way to not get banned from cheats, is to not cheat. that was easy

and please… quake… a mere baby. come back when you know what it was like to play K.C.Munchkin lol

Only way you’re gonna have a cheat free environment is under LAN at a cafe/center with people watching your screens.

OR, streamed games, like Onlive or Gaikai. Those are the only way to stop these cheats completely, the way I see it.

I have yet to see people cheat in Dota 2, so I believe you are wrong.

They may not advertise the cheats publicly since Valve’s new baby is dota 2.

The new cheats in League of legends and Dota 2 are micro management bots which instantly cast spells or other stuff soon as a person becomes in range. The bots also keep track of everything from a flash used or an ability used. The bots may not be super pro but they still get the job done and can give the person using it a unfair advantage as they don’t have to be at there computer to use it.

First of all is necessary to implement a Spectating system at least for admins, with a simple panel that can draw the pressed keys and the mouse movements.

This can be useful…