Schrodinger's Hallway

Hello, I’m currently working on a map in hammer and would like to implement something which I have no idea how to do, which is why I’ve made this thread.

Basically what I want, is just a hallway, with a couple of rooms on each side, a door for each room too. But the twist is, is that behind ONE of those doors there’s a shotgun rigged to the door, and upon opening it, it fires and kills anyone within the space of the door, before the door closes again awaiting it’s next victim. But not only this, the trap changes rooms each round, so players can’t know which door to avoid. My main problem is I have no idea how to achieve this, or if it’s even possible, but I’d like to ask if any of you guys know because this would be an absolutely hilarious addition to my map.

I think your best bet is to have NPC’S in a certain room and when the door opens the fire on site, i don’t have a clue on any other way to do it, Try the mappers ‘encyclopedia.’

[editline]09:44PM[/editline]

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=770351

Really it isn’t the getting the player to die part that’s my problem, more the how to randomize it each round.

Use a logic_case entity to randomly determine the entities spawning on each map load/area load.

You can have the output fired as “enable” for one entity in the set, and parent all the other entities to the one that it enabled.

[editline]09:57PM[/editline]

I haven’t really used logic_case entities before, so you’ll have to work out how to properly implement it in a map.

This is helpful, thank you.

Update: After a little fiddling around, I’ve achieved what I want to, thanks for telling me about logic_case.