Sci-Fi Citizens v4 & Bonus Rifle

SCI-FI CITIZENS V4

I present to you version 4.0 of the Sci-Fi Citizens. Included is 27 models, including all 15 standard Half-Life 2 citizens, all retextured with high-resolution facemaps and masked normalmaps, plus another 12 new fully faceposable characters.
From Left 4 Dead: Bill, Louis, Rochelle, and Zoey
Three generic males from Max Payne 3, as well as two generic Males from Battlefield 3
Dragon Age 2’s Lady Hawke, FFXIII Fang, and Wraithcat, a local reskin of Jessica from Sin: Episodes.

All characters have bodygroups for berets, a holographic mouth/earpiece/HUD, collar and beret insignia, shoulder ranks, military style ribbons, and a few choices in pants. All characters also come with three skingroups, including ‘Classic,’ ‘Blacklight,’ and ‘Formal White.’ The Blacklight skingroup also changes the heads up display to a Blacklight: Retribution health meter/ingame lower-right HUD component.

For the gmod posers, the model uses Bloocobalt’s Enhanced Citizen physics. All models are compiled onto the valve skeleton; every one of them has the full suite of default HL2 citizen and player animations, as well as gmod’s player animations. The optional playermodel pack enables fill skin and bodygroup playermodels, complete with viewmodel hands. (These hands are set to the proper skintone per character; the model does support all skingroups and gloves with simple LUA modification, however).

These models shine in SFM, however. All of them have been 100% tested for common transparency and eye controller bugs, all default HL2 and L4D heads have retained full faceposing, meaning HL2 style phoneme extraction just works. (Sorry, nothing this time on the custom heads, if you’re into making HWM flexes, contact me) Since they are on the valve skeleton, they all have a library of gestures and animations to build on, and are all compatible with the standard valve IK rig.
Modeling wise, these ragdolls are the combination of so many disparate sources that they form their own style. They weren’t designed to mimic any one film or television show costume, instead they’re intentionally stylistic but generic. The goal is for the user to tell a story with them, not for them to tell a story to end users. These uniforms can represent any kind of futuristic military, and are perfect for what you want them to be. Almost every component was unwrapped and retextured from scratch.
Just about every texture that isn’t a face was scratch done by me, fully leveraging everything the source shader engine can being to bear. Phong, specular mapping, rimlighting, albdeto tinting, detail maps, illumination maps, translucency, even complex material proxies, and complex eye shaders. They’re all there, contributing in some way, and targeted to get the most out of existing scene lighting.

https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pM4CChQUwht8T5hLGr_kGs_NiLQWCLiYvU56ogTwmZj1NJ6FiDiQ3ncBkrsjuNdj38j7EenVNRokSzU6bMLOfIQ-UKmgJwMsrh52zsSBwsJ0/scifi_citizens2.jpg[/t][t] https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pE4VOAGVfYl8ypTtkGdzkwuKTmCZyK3VHoD8KLpCKTr2sSguEbaSy-XKK8JoLZkLJUBejF4KDbaX4rT-PLk3uaHpidpsYR6H-GU5eCWLrYw8/scifi_extras.jpg[/t]
[t]https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2p1wuS5kBA_QSc0WHTTXzJaFMPMwPv2OF42THERuVAMmtI_FFXg0ZxabCxDqMQbt35KHHq2BvnNyDVaw8c06v08Jdf-t92g-lnCTgiU7XcV8w/4000_screenshots_2013-08-28_00002.jpg [/t]
[t]https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2ppd12aBgxIqLoYj9l9hjC6a_Bsu4gwfQVblymBQgsb9HLhM28ojsFJyFOtIjs1DjdlPeh8GT8INZ7z3h8MSHhOKVPeVt18lZCO2zg6V2EYXk/dm_neon0000.png [/t]
[t]https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pasd_vNkoSmuM1AyqZMMC9yzpOV7HciqdvQBivi7PF9_LaN8oVMTzQFJr1GiBliygbkom7LLLXvfoMOSCa8odaekhS0IJ_qKA4ugLKlIpOKY/gm_freecity_air_a60000.png[/t]
[t]https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2phuwvZTSb8zL2hotAFMLyfv68KYRXVANAbAhi8APtLh2wUYbRpyXGFhDEG2toj8qhazrR34eB5xMVcjf8tmi64zgoXAkpv6Is35NKSjjQTrY/scifi_dress_unis.jpg [/t]

Download :
Gmod Workshop - Ragdolls
Skydrive - Ragdolls
Gmod Workshop - Playermodels

Primary Author: Lt_Commander

The following are contributing authors to this project at large, listed are names and roles/contributions:
Taggart - male_01 texture, male hands, partnership in the older versions
Wraithcat - pants/skirt/boots, kit head, additional heads
BlooCobalt - Skeleton, physics, female hands, final rigging
FloaterTWO - Generic female hair meshes, rigging
Nirrti - epulettes, citizen mouth texture
Squiddy - Female heads, phongwarps, file system architecture
Ninja_Nub - additional custom heads, rigging
-Rusty- - citizen head textures
Simkas --K&L porting backend
Haxxer - ME2 officer ports
Plasmid - female skirt/legs (DR Jessie)
FakeFactory - head texture base files
Dean - Comedic relief

Half Life 2 - base skeleton, Mossman’s hands, base eye shaders, citizen pants
Dead Rising - Female legs, pumps
Eve Online - Skirt, female boots
Kane & Lynch - male pants
Mass Effect 2 - Tunic/Coat
Mass Effect 3 - Female hair meshes
Dragon Age 2 - Hawke Head
Sin Episodes - Jessica head mesh
Final Fantasy XIII - Fang head mesh
L4D - Beret, heads
L4D2 - Ellis’s hands, heads
Max Payne 3 - Male heads
Battlefield 3 – Heads

For a ‘behind the scenes’ developer blog and project history, check out my 17 page post on Internet Hate Machinae. There I discuss virtually everything that went into this project, and have written down all those neat little tips most hacking veterans guard with jealousy. :v:

(Resource files for the heads are pending, although planned, given I can obtain the permissions from previous authors.)

Bonus:

**Sci-Fi Steyr Aug
Reskinned CS:GO Steyr Aug with custom modeled holographic sight/HUD and flash hider. Based on the Bloocobalt/FloaterTWO conversion, the model has been rerigged to allow for a much more control in SFM. The foregrip, handle/slide, strap points, holographic HUD energy bars, magazine, and trigger are all rigged to independent bones and properly oriented for easy control. Also works in gmod and spawns with complex physics mesh designed for easy posing.
Bodygroups include Holo sight on/simple/off/gone, ironsights, default flash hider and custom flash hider, as well as custom numbering. Skingroups control the number of the gun.

The holographic sight mechanism also rotates with no end user input, and looks cool.

[t]https://jm6mrg.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pOqka5n6l148-fn1f_mzHS6KMdJAoQTk6GnCHnZV2bPF3evsKnN5cN011kNpGildSo57STZs5Vzdzl3abc9QSviZI8JavsLgqY2F62bt9qnE/space_aug.jpg

Download:
Gmod Workshop
SFM Workshop

Fuck YES.

These are awesome, Lt_C.

These are just awesome, and not because I helped. Fantastic work there man!

Agreed on the awesome part.

Big thanks to Blooper Reel and Hunterdnrc for their promo shots! I would edit the post but it seems to have broken the preview/edit post box as it vanishes when I attempt to edit it.

I can confirm the bumpmaps are not inverted.

These are great, nice to see all the hard work has finally paid off.

Yay, awesome release!

Epic! Thanks LtC!

very nice release

Hell yeah! Thanks!

Awesome, these will be used ALOT!

Glorious

Awsome, have been looking forward to this release! Great work!

All I have to say is, amazing!

Excellent work! Downloading on the double.

Oh my god these are so amazing. Thank you for including headless models too!

I have some problems with the Sci-Fi AUG. I dont have a mag prop and I’m missing some bodygroups. I dont have the foregrip, handle/slide, strap points, holographic HUD energy bars, and trigger bodygroups I think. This is really good otherwise!

Yay I get to use the awesome hair now. Amazing work!

Yeah, the aug is more of a thing for SFM that also works in gmod, thus the status as a small bonus addon. It has some bodygroups, but most of its functionality is designed for animation in source filmmaker. Everything is rigged to bones, which aren’t easily manipulated in gmod.