I’m launching a new project for Counter-strike:Source.
The idea is to gather people for making a Quality Mappack 'with above 6/10 maps), that would be released on october/november.
What I need :
- Mappers (of course)
- People that are pros in making *.nav files
- Designers for Overviews/radars
- Designers for banners
- Any type of help is welcome (Especially model makers)
I need peoples that are available, reactive, serious.
About the map, here are some guidelines about the map :
- Good average depending of graphism/idea/layout. You’ll need to show off part of your work you’ve already done on Source Engine (released map, or WIP screenshot).
- Good framerate/optimisation of the map is required.
- At least 10% of custom textures/models
- Your map should be compiled with orangebox compilers (Source Engine 2009), as this will allow to gain above 20% of framerate.
- Already released maps are allowed, as long they are compiled (or re-compiled) with orangebox compilers.
- Remakes of the 18 officials maps are not allowed, but remake from old CS1.6 maps not released in CS:S are allowed
- Only DE_ and CS_ maps are allowed
- Too small and too big maps aren’t allowed.
- At least 32 players spawn point is required (16CTs & 16Ts)
- You can have several maps on the map-pack, as long as they fit all of these points.
You can send me a mail with your motivation/WIP screenshots/whatever :
Since it’s my project, I’m gonna make the exemple and show a bit of my work :
From the beginning, I spend about 500h on it.
Not awesome graphics indeed, but lots of good ideas (and entity system) and custom textures on it. I guess the layout is not perfect too, but has not begginers mistake (IE : placing bomb point too close to the Ts start)