Seeking tips regarding gradual FPS decline.

I play rust with graphics turned all the way up, and over time my FPS will get worse and worse. The only way I know of to fix it, is to re launch the game, which is frustrating since Rust takes 10 years to load up.

Timeline of FPS performance on my machine:
1-30 Minutes: 60+ FPS
30-90 Minutes: 30ish FPS
90+ Minutes: 15-25 FPS

If anyone has any tips on how to maintain decent FPS over longer periods of play, I would be very grateful, thanks!

Your specs would help us help you alot better

Vacuum your PC.

If that won’t work, throw it in the bin and get a new one.

Specs:
I5 760 - Quad Core @ 2.8 Ghz
8 Gigs of ram
Nvidia GTX 970

I’m not really sure why my computer specs matter, like I said, I get 60+ fps when I first start playing. Also, I have been monitoring temps and everything stays withing safe ranges, I am 99% sure it’s not an overheating issue.

I play other graphically intensive games with no slow downs over time, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for maintaining long term decent FPS without having to restart the game.

Do you run on a WiFi or cat5?

It’s on cat5, 90 Mbps Down, 15 up, latency under 10ms when testing locally with speedtest.net

When was the last time you did a cold restart on the router

Same problem here system specs

Windows 10
Memory (RAM) 16GB
CPU i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Video Card MSI Nvidia GTX 960 4GB DDR5

And your pc is running the nvidia gpu right?

Just to throw it out as it affects me on my machine. Refrain from alt+tabbing. For some reason it causes me huge drops sometimes that don’t go away until I restart the game. Yeah, restarting the game in case nobody mentioned it. It fixes the issue by restarting the 100-to-0 gradual frame drop. If you’re on a laptop you may sometimes unplug and plug the power supply to switch from internal to dedicated gpu. God knows, sometimes it gives me a soft boost of around 5-10 FPS.