Semi-Permanent Player Housing

I was wondering where to start for a housing system for my sandbox server. I want to have certain doors in a certain area of the map be linked to the apartments and have it so they can’t build or noclip in the apartments. It’ll be semi-permanent where they have to pay with in-game currency as rent. I mainly need help with the door system and renting part.

[sp]Sorry if this doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, it’s kinda hard to word it the way I want and I kinda spaced out typing this[/sp]

You would need to store ownership in some sort of database with when it expires, and check every so often when it may expire.

Yeah, but I don’t know where to start as far as what method to use and how to store it when all I really want to do right now is at least have the doors be ownable.

I just want to say I adore this twist on sandbox. Building in the streets, and having your own little apartment too? Sounds like RP minus RP. Am I understanding this correctly?

If I am, how does currency come into the equation? Have you ever played GModTower? They have a lovely take on apartments.

You get money by doing stupid tasks or finding it and once you have enough, you can get an apartment.

Seems like an unnecessary impediment to the fun.

What about letting players generate cash slowly over time and using it to decorate their apartments; apartments being a collection of decor per player account that spawns and despawns from an apartment depending on if the player is currently using it. Then instead of longterm renting holding up all the map’s apartment hubs, apartment contents can clear and reappear whenever needed and available. (i’m just repeating GmodTower’s approach but it is a lovely one)