SEnts; Key Values, Flags, Inputs and Outputs - how?

Aloha. I would like to know how to create Key Values, Flags, Inputs and Outputs for a scripted entity. (In Lua, of course.)

[editline]12th February 2013[/editline]

Here’s an example I’d actually use:
Let’s say I made an entity that used a

box model. I want the keyvalue of “Item Type,” an integer, 0 being a coin, 1 a red shroom, 2 a fire flower, 3 an ice flower, 4 a ghost shroom, 5 a super flower, 6 a propeller mushroom, 7 a carrot or bee shroom, 8 a mini shroom, 9 gives coins for some time and after 9 hits it will explode in coins when it stops allowing you to hit it, 10 a life shroom, 11 a mega shroom, 12 an invincibility star. It has the flags “Fake/Empty” to make it give nothing and “Hidden” to make it invisible until hit. It has the output “IsEmpty” for when it’s used up. It has the input “ReSup” to reset it’s hit count to 0, “ItemID” to change what it’s holding, and “DestroyMe” to make its hit count 99, killing it’s mysterious properties.

Hey, why is this thread so… lonely?

REALLY? How long does the automerge last??? It was only 2 hours after I posted this thread that I posted this comment!

Did you know there is this magical thing called a wiki?

Oh hey look there’s also a search feature :open_mouth:

I’m aware … I’m also very lazy.

It takes longer to write a thread on FP than it does to type in 10 letters on the wiki.

10 characters? I have to search every thing, and I have to be ready to type it down. On here, however, it’s all made readily available to me if it’s answered. I think getting it here would be easier in the long run.

[editline]13th February 2013[/editline]

Fine, I’ll get it myself. >_<
Just remember this: I hate when people say I’m anywhere from 2 to 12 years old, I’m 18; born in 1994, on July 25th.

if you’re too lazy to search a wiki then how are you not too lazy to code a game mode?