SENTs not working (only running ENT:Initialize)

so whenever I try to call ENT:Use within any entity, it does not run when i try to use it.

here is an example -

init.lua -
[lua]
AddCSLuaFile( “shared.lua” )

include( “shared.lua” )

function ENT:Initialize()
self:SetModel( “models/monk.mdl” )
self:SetMoveType( MOVETYPE_NOCLIP )
self:SetUseType( SIMPLE_USE )
self:SetPos( Vector( -78, -6968, -140 ) )
self:SetAngles( Angle( 0, 0, 0 ) )
self:DropToFloor()
end

function ENT:Use( act, call, typ, val )
umsg.Start( “openVehShop”, call )
umsg.End()
end
[/lua]

shared.lua -
[lua]
ENT.Type = “anim”
ENT.Base = “base_gmodentity”
ENT.PrintName = “Vehicle Dealer”
ENT.Author = “Jax”
ENT.Spawnable = false
ENT.AdminSpawnable = false
[/lua]

I have tried base_anim for ENT:Base, also got nothing. I have tried using this in NPC coding (got nothing, too )

calling it -
[lua]
local entity = ents.Create( “sent_cardealer” )
entity:Spawn()
entity:Activate()
[/lua]

I am calling it in InitPostEntity. I get no errors when pressing use on it, ENT:Touch also does nothing. Only thing that successfully runs is ENT:Initialize in any of my sents.

It could be a problem with something else in that function.
in your function “function ENT:Use( act, call, typ, val )” did you try adding in a line that says just says print(“Use test”)?
Should look something like this:
[lua]
function ENT:Use( act, call, typ, val )
print(“Use test”)
umsg.Start( “openVehShop”, call )
umsg.End()
end
[/lua]

so if you’re pressing the use command on your entity, you should see in console “Use test”. If this is happening, then you’re use is working, but there may be a problem with something else in your function.

tried that, didn’t print


function ENT:AcceptInput( name, activator, caller )
	if (name == "Use" && IsValid(activator) && activator:IsPlayer() && self.NextUse < CurTime()) then
		--Shitbricks
		self.NextUse = CurTime() + 2
	end
end

[editline]3rd September 2013[/editline]

You can also try calling Entity:SetUseType in ENT:Initialize to see if it fixes the issue.

I have tried the set use type, and i have tried the example you provided (w/o NextUse part)

believe it or not, verifying my cache fixed it