Server Commandline

I couldn’t really find a suitable place for this thread, so i thought here would be best. Anyways, i’m setting up an RP server for a friend, and want to add M9K weapons to the server. I’ve gone through the process of creating a collection, but with the now edited commandline, the server doesn’t actually work, i can’t connect to it via the console or anything, even the TCAdmin control panel doesn’t recognize it.

-norestart -console -game garrysmod -nohltv -condebug +maxplayers 32 +ip 178.162.199.172 -port 27016 +map rp_evocity2_v2p +gamemode DarkRP -tickrate 66 -authkey **** +host_workshop_collection 179038352 +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 +exec “server.cfg”

Anyone know where i’m going wrong?

Remove command line options until it works? One or more of them is probably invalid. Also don’t share your Authkey with everyone.

I’d recommend setting the Tick-Rate a bit lower, unless the server can handle that!!

20-33 should be fine. The nohltv may be your issue, that blocks 1 port.

Here’s mine for reference

Z:\dedicated_servers\server_1_acecooldev\srcds.exe -port 27015 +maxplayers 5 -game garrysmod -tickrate 33 +gamemode acecooldev +map rp_evocity_v33x +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 +rcon_password 1step2step11step2step1step22step +exec server.cfg -console +host_workshop_collection 147293185 -authkey XXXX

Post your server.cfg? Also, put your rcon password in the command line, not the cfg as the cfg can possibly be read.

If you can read the server.cfg, you can most likely read the rcon password trough various other ways as well. Also, don’t post auth-keys. If no console debug output is written (-condebug) then it’s not even ‘starting’ but immediately quitting after it opens. Ask your server provider (leaseweb.de?) for assistance, he can start your server with your command-line and take a look at possible errors.

It fixed itself, after a while. Anyway. I keep trying to edit users.txt to add myself as super admin for the server. However, it doesn’t seem to save and resets itself back to only garry being on there,meaning i can’t spawn vehicles in say, DarkRP.

Try changing it to read-only.

Its not on my PC, its via Elpis.