Server config location?

I don’t see why this soon-to-be-ancient mod still doesn’t support all that many options upon creating a multiplayer game through the game itself.

I’ve been trying to find where I’m supposed to locate/place the .cfg - without any results.
So I figured I’d go and use the good 'ole console instead…
But, no matter how much I edit the launch options to set a custom key to open it (I’m on a non-english keyboard) there’s just no way to open up the console.

To make my now somewhat angry rant short:

• How do I go about changing the settings for my server? (Not a dedicated one)

“show_console 1” I believe, you put it in advance launch options.

I honestly don’t know what you’re asking. From what I can gather, you’re running your server with no console. If you want to change that, you should have a shortcut on your desktop. Right click it, go to properties and type this exactly:

C:\srcds\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod -port 27015 +map <map name> -maxplayers <#> +fps_max 600 -pingboost 2 -autoupdate

Replace the <>'s with what you want. Also, I don’t think pingboost works with GMod, but it shouldn’t be a problem either way.

Enabled the console through the game settings and then added +bind G “toggleconsole”.

That however didn’t bring anything up.
Surely there’s a server config somewhere that I could simply edit?

C:\srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\cfg\autoexec.cfg

Is that what you mean…?

I simply want to edit my server config. As it is right now I’m not able to add a single NPC due to the standard settings.

That folder does not exist for me.
Seriously, there has to be a quick way to be able to change max props and NPCs?
All I’m trying to do is start a multiplayer game without these restrictions.

The thing about the console is that I can’t bring it up. If I could I would be able edit these settings on the fly.
I got it enabled through the options menu, but the regular key to bring it up didn’t work (the one left from 1).
So I found how to add custom bindings through the .exe and changed it to a lot of different buttons, none of them did work however.

I consider myself to be a fairly clever guy. This ordeal has made me doubt that in many ways.

I see what this guy wants, download a template here. make a config file, drop it in, and edit it to your liking, you can add other commands as well. http://jp.randomgs.com/stuff/server.cfg

Are you trying to make a server through GMod itself? If that’s the case, nobody would be able to join your game in the first place. You might as well be playing single player.

Edit: But if you must know, the command to change those settings on the fly through the console (which you should have if you enabled it) would be the following:

sbox_maxnpcs <#>
sbox_maxprops <#>

That should be it.