Server Greeting gift

Lovely. I sit there, watching in horror as my screen freezes, listening to my speakers in agony as they loop weapon pickup noises/respawn sounds, my ping rockets and I can’t do anything.

Every time I join a server, I lag really bad, taking small half-second breaks, as my character involuntarily suicides through the console. The only time this has fixed is when my friend cleaned up the server.

This happens on EVERY server I join. I hope to god you don’t expect me to join a build server and say “Hey buddy, I’m lagging real bad, can you like, clean everyone’s props up?”

Also, at the GMod startup screen, I get this bizarre blue loading bar in the center of the screen, I don’t know how it got there, I haven’t joined any suspicious server, I’ve been playing the same favorite server for the last week, if not longer. I haven’t installed any mods recently, either. This just started happening a few hours ago. I’m more than sure it didn’t install from a steam update, as there was no “updating steam” bar when I launched GMod.

The blue bar also said something like “Initializing Serverside.” No idea what that means, but it doesn’t sound real safe, for some reason. Just a feeling.

Any solution other than to reinstall the game entirely would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. If someone tells me how to post a picture, I’ll upload one. :3

Please be specific in your comment if you are posting a solution, as I am only 12 years old, and absolutely fail at understanding people. Sorry for the rather gargantuan post.

The blue bar is there from a update.

Damn a 12 year old has decent grammar, Anyway your internet sucks most likely.

The blue bar is a loading bar, Garry added it with the last few updates.

Post your specs please? Mine used to be quite bad and I got that issue all the time.

Oh, thanks. I still have some weird lag problem though.

[editline]07:33PM[/editline]

Hah, thanks. My internet is retarded, you were correct there.

[editline]07:38PM[/editline]

WOOT! It fixed. Never mind, it stopped lagging for some reason. Close please. :smiley:

Thank you all for listening. :slight_smile: