Server hosting at a cheap price

Hey guys. Recently I’ve invested in a few server boxes. I have a GUI that is similar to Xenon’s, the TCadmin. Because I am only starting out, I need some first customers. If you were to buy some slots, you would undoubtedly have unmatched bandwidth speed as you and possibly a few others are the only servers running on the box.

As of now, no website is available. Price is 20 cents per slot. You will receive the FTP address and TDadmin web page immediately after you pay.

I’ve tried running build darkrp servers with 124 people. Absolutely no lag came in to play with about ~50 props each person.

mods and addons you can ask me to install, but other than that I don’t really have any auto installer other then a bot that will install/reinstall your server that is available on the TCadmin panel.

Also, server will be up 24/7. I have 2 backup batteries that are capable of powering the server for 20 hours straight. Just help me out and spread the news.

specs:

Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard:
ASUS P5BV-C LGA 775 Intel 3200 ATX Server Motherboard

Case:
Thermaltake Soprano RS 101 Mid Tower Case Black

Hard Drives (2x):
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 2TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 4.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Memory (2x):
4GB 800MHz DDR3 ECC Low-Latency CL4 (4-4-4-12) FBDIMM (Kit of 2)

Power Supply:
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

OR
CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply <<<Less wattage, no overkill?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxCrXTza99DFZrXM1PC37WlZlYtG1dF3ZdSvUcZD54kHyZqbE&t=1&usg=__NLxDZisG-fYS2EIQPvQDjeOfJY4=

Screenie of Updated SpeedTest please. This one is from 1-30-2010.

Speeds haven’t changed. That I promise you.

Then can you please upload a test file for us? Say 250MB.

Sure. Doing it right now.

Two hours for a test file?..

Something tells me “SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM”

Im guessing this is home hosted with a case like this (Unless you pay the cost for colocating essentially a 4U unit i think).

I don’t know much about USA Isp’s (Im welsh xD) but wont they have some kind of cap on bandwidth?

http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=300&uid=697913073

BECUASE THE CASE WOULD MAKE A DIFFERANCE ON THE QUALITY OF THE SERVER, RIGHT?

OP, post that speedtest result that is up to date and hosted on speedtest.net so that you cant shoop it and upload it somewhere else.

Please read what I post before making stupid ALL CAPS COMMENTS, I only was stating that I think the server Is home hosted as It wasnt mentioned by the OP (Notice the blurring out of ISP on speedtest).

I did not say the case would have any impact on the server perfomance, however my second comment did touch on perfomance as essentially he could hit his ISP’s data transfer for that month and get cut off AKA your cheap server is now offline.

As most server companys who host servers will use 1U or 2U cases as they are the most perfomance for the space required. If you dont understand these terms maybe google could help you out, as in a datacentre (Space, power and cooling) more = more money.

Well, since OP has a 100/100 connection im guessing he has a resonable bandwith limit per month. my Gmod server hardly uses any bandwith, I dont think the case he is using matters at all since hes not running a data centre. he wont have power redundancy, air conditioning, raised floors, redundant hard drives and network equipment and internet connections which is what you would expect for only $0.20 per slot. why would he use 2U cases when they are harder to cool than a normal desktop case without a airconed cupboard or rack, and why would he even have a rack for 1 server.

How popular is your server?

From personal experience 1 30 slot gmod with Fast DL can create about 1TB traffic a month, as mentioned earlier I dont know USA ISP’s but that sounds a lot for a domestic internet connection. (See screenie for proof)

Bandwith used since last boot:
Down: 230.1 GB
Up: 2.2 TB

I get about 2 or 3 people per hour

May I ask when your server was last booted?

12 days, 2h:32m

Do you use this box for seeding torrents or what not as 2TB is a stupid amount of bandwidth from a gmod server getting 2-3 people and hour.

yeh sometimes but not much, I have a teamspeak 3 server, Gmod, apache2 and sometimes rtorrent running on it

But anyway back on topic can you really expect a domestic ISP to just sit there when a client starts uploading a couple of TB a month?

Yes, because I’ve uploaded around 8TB in the last four months and received no complaints from my residential ISP.

Which ISP you with?