Server Hosts Discussion

Hello,

I’ve decided that I want to start my own Rust server, and of course that’s only the first of many decisions I need to make.

If there is already a discussion on Rust server hosts / providers, please redirect me there! Otherwise, I’d like more experienced hosts (or community managers of hosting sites, as I’ve seen on these forums already) to comment on their experiences with different Rust server hosts. I’m interested in everything from the simple to the advanced. This includes (in no particular order):

• (Re)configurability / flexibility with the backend.
  • Latency / lag
  • Documentation (tutorials, set-up guides, etc.)
  • Help / support
  • DDoS attack prevention (and other neat features?)
  • Price point
  • Uptime / reliability
  • Anything else you think is important that I may have overlooked in the list above

I’ve refrained from adding a poll to this thread because I want it to be about information, as opposed to a popularity contest. As such, please refrain from posting a recommendation without justification.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Bumping this a single time to recheck interest. If no one cares enough to post, I’ll just assume picking a provider matters little and will go with the information provided at http://playrustwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Server_Providers alone.