Server Hosts!

Hi all,

I have recently discovered that my host is going to go down :frowning: so now I have to be on the lookout for a new host.
My server expires in 2 weeks so there is plenty of time to search but I would really love some suggestions from you guys! What is the best and cheapest host you guys have been with? At the moment I am looking at Halcuro hosts and Wombat servers! What host would you guys go with? Drop down some suggestions!

I must say this, the facepunch community has some salty people in it, if you happen to bump into one on this thread then please don’t start an argument, no one will care.

Are you looking for a vps or a server host?
If you mean server host (Well that’s what your wrote :P) then nfoservers is always a nice way to go

If you are basic, and don’t like doing hard shit like me (for roleplay)

use serenityservers.net

They have DDoS Protection and are cheap.

NFOservers is one of the best. 40 slots is only 35 dollars and comes with a free sub domain.

SerenityServers give you 40 slots for 20

Serenity has poor performance.

This is good, people are sharing opinions, I have never used serenity but apparently they do have poor performance, apparently.

I’ve used a few hosting companies, namely GMCHosting, Avalanche Hosting and NitrousNetworks, as well as currently using a dedicated server from OVH.

If you have the knowledge to run a dedicated server (Linux Shell, Screen, Cron, etc), i’d honestly recommend that, but it’s not for the faint-of-heart, and if you fuck up there isn’t much you can do.

For hosting companies however? I put Avalanche above the other two.
I’ve found the GMC Control panel to be… Temperamental. Their support is mostly good though.

Nitrous is just another company, to be honest. Their free webhosting seems attractive, but the bandwidth is so easy to go through. Using just forums and a loading screen, we went through our bandwidth allowance in a few weeks.

I haven’t had any problems with Avalanche. They are fairly cheap, but don’t suffer from performance losses. Their support is top-notch, and I’ve been able to get support for things that are caused by me fucking up. As I said before, their performance is outstanding, especially considering the price.

It’s up to you in the end, but I’d recommend either a Dedicated Server (if you know how to run it), or Avalanche.

(Since everyone’s posting Prices, Avalanche is £16.80 for 40 slots, or ~25$, but they offer price matching.)

All very good server hosts. But sadly I live in Australia :frowning: