Server lag

On my 32 slot darkrp server even when people have low ping occasionally people will jump around and lag. Also it crashes about every hour. Is there a reason for this like bloated files and too many addons? I don’t think that I have too many. BTW I am using bioservers.

How full is the server when it does this?

Also lag with garrys mod is either scripting errors or not enough power for servers hardware wise.

Try daemonservers.co.uk They are good.

That isn’t quite relevant to his problem. I know that bioservers is more than sufficient to provide a stable server.

Sintwins if you type “stats” in rcon console when you have a few people on your server you can see server load etc also net_graph 4 is good for seeing this.

Paste some figures here or talk to me on steam “Shepsie” if you can identify its not the server then you need to look into addons (Make sure they are all upto date etc).

This is when any players are in it really, from 3 - 15. I have never got more than 15 players as the server crashes and I lose a few people.

Ok, I’ll check that when there’s a few people in the server. Thanks

] rcon status
autokick is disabled for BrutalBarnard
hostname: Sintwins ll SeriousDarkRP [FASTDL/24/7]
version : 1.0.0.59/14 3943 secure
udp/ip : 91.192.210.97:27016
map : rp_downtown_v2 at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players : 11 (32 max)

] rcon stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
71.54 30112.73 128637.58 141 0 86.49 12

EDIT

This is with 13 players

76.68 39397.84 171302.44 161 0 55.75 15

And this is with 15

64.62 26706.97 209745.84 147 0 43.18 15

Wow from thats the server is using a lot of cpu/ there isnt enough of it. Ill take some samples from a Darkrp I host which gets 20+ people.

Also which addons are you running?

Heres one from the server mentioned above with 40 people on.

20:17:03 hostname: [iGmod.org] Lite Roleplay PCMod|Jobs|Drugs|Guns| {FastDL}
version : 1.0.0.59/14 3943 secure
udp/ip : 87.117.217.159:27015
map : RP_Downtown_V2 at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players : 39 (40 max)

20:16:37 CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
87.50 88438.83 440392.88 28 0 42.67 39

So does that indicate towards an underpowered server or too many addons / bad addons?

I am running the normal stuff, connas tools, keypads, keypad crackers, phx, wire, doortool, falcos prop protection, css realistics, weapondrop, unbreakable and ulx.

Make sure all the addons are uptodate.

I still don’t suggest the host he is using…

I suggest Xenon Servers for a better price, but if you want superior quality, go to www.counter-strike.com

To my knowledge, Xenon Servers is using better servers than Counter-Strike.com. If you have a server with Xenon Servers and the quality is questionable, please open a support ticket with ATTN: Brock in the subject line.

Dont you run xenon servers??

They run better servers really!? I’m sticking with Xenonservers lol.

Yeah. I’ve been with Xenon for a long time, and I’ve never had any issues.

The only reason I question Xenonservers… Is because my friend has a 24-Slot server with you guys, his server crash’s almost every other hour. It gets annoying after a while… But the prices are amazing so I’m ordering a couple servers in January… For my new gaming community.

My question was aimed at brocko cause it seemed weird that he talked about his own comapny third person.

actually from wat i did wihich actually helped delete the files in the dua folder DO NOT DELTE THE DUA
delete the files n restart the server
it will add dua files tht r missin n it will reduce the lag/crashing or u can let me teamview u steam:srgtreed

So I should update all of my addons and delete my lua files? Is it a good idea to delete the lua folder?
I left a ticket with bioservers to update wire and phx with the svn versions so that might reduce the lag when its done :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have your friend open a support ticket, we should be able to help him with that. It seems that most of the time crashes are isolated to the server itself.

Yes, I do run Xenon Servers.

You might as well in case you have something that you don’t need in there or something that shouldn’t be in there (such as something someone decided to upload). The whole folder will re-download when you run a Steam update.