Server not showing only to me after i clicked a link.

So I was playing on Crowbar gaming TTT here is the IP: 173.208.183.19:27015 and my friend sends me a link to a .swf, me being the stupid idiot I am click it. I get booted from the server and it says “Banned from server” but I’m not sure why seeing as I’m moderator. I have an admin buddy unban me but It seems my game doesn’t see the server as existing and when i try to connect from the IP it “fails after 4 retries” now I have no clue whatsoever on how to fix this, It didnt download a virus on my computer and my steam account is safe so what should I do?

Tell your Admin Buddy to restart the server or wait i think 30 or 60 minutes (dunno which one was the standart bantime)

The “Exploit” (if you want to call it so) is pretty simple. It created 5-10 connections to the gameserver as an iframe or simmilar. Because you open the ip and port in your browser 5-10 times simultaneously, the server thought you tried to bruteforce (try to guess) the rcon_password and autobans your ip.

the solutions to stop it are 1. DONT CLICK FISHY LINKS, 2. setting the limit higher or 3. deactivate rcon all together.
Btw. Unless he restart the server or you wait the standart banpenalty (i think it was 60 minutes), he can’t get you unbanned.

the commands for 2:

sv_rcon_banpenalty <mins>	Number of minutes to ban users who fail rcon authentication. Default: 0
sv_rcon_maxfailures <0-20>	Max number of times a user can fail rcon authentication before being banned. Default: 10
sv_rcon_minfailures <0-20>	Number of times a user can fail rcon authentication in sv_rcon_minfailuretime before being banned. Default: 5
sv_rcon_minfailuretime <1-seconds>Number of seconds to track failed rcon authentications. Default: 30

edit:// nah it wasn’t perm. but at least 30 minutes i think.

It’s not just that I’m banned at this point its that I can’t even see the server even from outside o garry’s mode like viewing server info from steam on a friend in it.

Just wait for the restart or go to sleep. tommorow it should work again.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply.

removeid or removeip in console followd by steamid or IP works as well, no need to wait.

Are you saying that the for the server console or my console because I still cant join the server

Or you got vac banned or GAC ban because what he sent you was a detected hack

I didn’t get VAC banned, I can join other servers perfectly fine

No

Server console