Server owners Default Ports are unusable, change your port.

If you wish to attempt to re-establish your server connect-ability change the server port. The default port right now is being slammed with this nonsense by some angry children. I have managed to get our server up online and connectable a few times before being D Dossed to hell and back. Everytime I would get the server back up working another DDoS would hit me. Right at the moment if you want to run a server just change the port. If we get enough server owners changing ports we may be able to bore them to death. GL.

thx for info

Yeah and then what ? I changed my gameport and it was not on the default port, 10 minutes later “Server Full” bug again.

Edit:

Like some kid is spamming on it’s crash rust button

If we get enough servers doing it maybe they will get bored. I don’t know what else to say. If we had a whitelist plugin we might be able to stop it. Ive also noticed false players inside my server. I see players dying on console when no one is in the server.

This won’t change anything. The only solution is probably hosting a lan server with Hamachi/other client and giving IP to people.

Atleast I provided somewhat a solution as I see more and more servers up and running. Going down after a bit but atleast trying. If we don’t as a collective share information and not badger about it not working 100% then I don’t know what to tell you. Provide info not criticize.

What I provided is a simple bandaid fix to the core of the issue. Blocking port access would be a start. It seems under my firewall exceptions under windows 2012 r2 that rust dedicated has a ton of them.

Whitelist plugin is available for both Oxide and Pluton, but that wont stop “Ddosing”.

Whitelist + remove server from steam master list. Community servers not listed on the master list would survive longer.