server starter can't seem to work. [srcds][Linux]

hey.
i have bought a VPS, running linux so im not so used to it…
so i used this TuT:http://maurits.tv/data/garrysmod/wiki/wiki.garrysmod.com/indexfd7a.html?title=Linux_Dedicated_Server_Setup

but, in the "Optionally Creating a Startup Script " part, when i save the script to .sh file and upload it, i start it (using ./startgmod.sh) it writes some things (commands i could use) and that some of my commands are not found.

#!/bin/bash
echo "Starting up Garry's Mod 10 server."
sleep 5
screen -A -m -d -S gm10server ./srcds_run -console -game garrysmod +maxplayers 16 +map gm_construct -autoupdate
echo "Started. Type screen -x to resume!"

this is the code, and i assume its just too old since it writes out GMod 10… we are soon in the soon-to-come-and-destroy GMod 13…

when i launch ./srcds_run -console -game garrysmod +maxplayers 20 +map gm_construct -autoupdate
it loads everything, things scroll very quickly and then it says “unable to load steam support library. This server will operate in LAN mode.” and then sever.cfg not found and a crap load of “cant ban users on a LAN”…

any help/updated guide?

Ubuntu or CentOS? Might be missing screen. Could you give us the console output?

CentOS, server is running.
was an un-updated steam client…
steam had decided to update client’s a little before my seerver launched.

Which folder is the File located ?

If its located in srcds then instead of ./srcds_run do orangebox/srcds_run

i dont think it is.
i moved it, and it says “command not found” so it must be some sort of versions stuff. the guide is for Gmod 10…

Can you provide a console output?

Linux server was a failiur due to a missing file. seems like linux doesn’t support .dll, and we didn’t find all the .so files that connect the DB’s.
this thread its irrelevent anymore :frowning: