Server tickrate won't change at all

On my TTT server (and a lot of other TTT servers as i saw in lots of posts) sometimes people shot someone, the blood appears but they receive no damage…

I thought increasing the tickrate would decrease this from happening, and I’ve put this in server.cfg :

sv_unlag 1 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_maxunlag .5 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_minrate 25000 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_maxrate 100000 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_minupdaterate 101 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING - USE 33 FOR 66-TICK or 101 for 100-TICK
sv_maxupdaterate 101 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING - USE 66 FOR 66-TICK or 101 for 100-TICK
sv_mincmdrate 101 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING - USE 33 FOR 66-TICK or 101 for 100-TICK
sv_maxcmdrate 101 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING - USE 66 FOR 66-TICK or 101 for 100-TICK
sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_client_predict 1 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_client_interpolate 1 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING
sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1 // DO NOT CHANGE - BOOM! SERVERS IDEAL SETTING

I saw this on a post but the tickrate did not change at all, am I doing anything wrong?

None of these are actually in charge of the tick rate. Add -tickrate x to your server command line.

Where x = your desired rate.

In Start.bat, -tickrate 100

If he is using a batch file at all.

If he uses TCAdmin he can add

-tickrate 100

after the map name. (Usually)

100 is a bit too much to be honest.

What if its a bhop server? I hear 100 is for the best experience

I’m not familiar with the subtleties of tick rates, having always left it on the default 66. Why is 100 too much, exactly?

It depends on what the server is and the amount of slots. The higher tickrate you set, the more processing power the server will require ( and depending on the server hardware, it may never actually reach the 100 tick ). It also may increase your network/bandwidth usage.

If you have more than 24 or 32 slots, you should never use more than 66 as a tickrate, and probably should use something like 33 or something.

Of course higher tickrate = better hit detection and shit ( marginally ) but its not worth it for big and/or public servers.

Huh. Good to know.

In my experience on Sandbox, some of the more complex E2s will completely change behavior when they are ran on a different tickrate than on one which they were designed. An example would be my hovercar E2, which lifts off the ground. It was made and balanced on 66 tickrate. On 33, it fails to take off and on 82 it goes into some hyperspeed uncontrollable machine. This obviously isn’t a problem for simple i/o E2s but for some more complex ones, it’s something to keep in mind.

Well obviously it will affect FPS-dependent scripts.