Server update 4-3-2016

Hello, nobody can join my server after the 93 mb update of Rust…

Today there was an update (4-3-2016) and nobody including myself is able to join. But when I update my server it says there is NO update of Rust available and it starts verifying the cache and files. But it can’t find an update.

Kicking: IP-SteamID … their protocol is 1358 not 1357

Some help please??

-EMPstunnerNL

Server:

[EU/EN][BSS Network]X100|Admins|Betterloot|Kits|Clans|Insta|Events|Forcewipe

Update log:

ServiceId 14720 - Stopping 31.214.240.189:28044…
ServiceId 14720 - 31.214.240.189:28044 has been stopped.

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JornB\14720>"\707e3d6a-0f29-4cce-9b43-b4dfa89ce9b2.bat"
Initializing Steam…
Steam Console Client © Valve Corporation
– type ‘quit’ to exit –
Loading Steam API…OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public…
Logged in OK
Waiting for license info…OK
Success! App ‘258550’ already up to date.
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 0.00 (5229 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 1.88 (43456839 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 5.67 (131188453 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 9.11 (210880229 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 13.30 (307873509 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 17.01 (393640881 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 21.14 (489298981 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 25.45 (588913701 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 29.18 (675245015 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 32.90 (761228247 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 36.48 (844065751 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 39.98 (925096293 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 43.97 (1017557895 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 48.21 (1115599751 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 52.31 (1210495879 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 55.52 (1284650463 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 60.34 (1396206877 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 71.61 (1657203696 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 82.74 (1914629104 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 93.93 (2173627376 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 99.53 (2303072501 / 2314056534)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 0.00 (0 / 4515840)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 73.22 (3306496 / 4515840)
Success! App ‘258550’ fully installed.

ServiceId 14720 - Starting 31.214.240.189:28044…

Found the problem, when I update/install Oxide the problem occurs… I guess Oxide has to be updated

That’s the answer. Server and client are not using the same protocol. Also yes: Oxide needs an update everytime the server got one. So the best you can do is not to restart/update the server until you know that there is an oxide update available.

Okay thanks, I will shut down the server and hope Wulf wakes up lol

Its update lol

Also noticed that there was a 2nd server update by surprise. Noone could join for several hours. :3

Oxide just has been updated 9 minutes ago