Server with SteamCMD?

How do you start your sever after you installed the GarrysModDS?I used the code " app_update 4020 validate" and it finished. I’m left with files in C:\srcds\steamapps\common\GarrysModDS\ that seem to look like it’s files for the dedicated server.

I have never heard of Garry’s Mod DS.

It’s just the automatic directory if you don’t set the directory manually. And Garry’s Mod DS is the Dedicated Server for Garry’s Mod

Do you have anything similar to this directory structure?

C:\blablabla\gmodserver\orangebox\garrysmod

Yes, that was my old Dedicated Server folder. Used to go by c:\SRCDS\orangebox\garrysmod. I moved that some where else because I’m trying to use SteamCMD’s version, since thats the newest way to make a server.

DS stands for dedicated server.

Is there an .exe anywhere in the folder?

there is a srcds.exe in C:\srcds\steamapps\common\GarrysModDS folder.

I’m in the same camp, no idea what to do. I try to run SRCDS and it just does nothing, no loading or anything. Really confusing. Wish garrysmod wiki was more clear on the matter.

Once you are in the DIR where the “srcds.exe” is just make a simple batch script.

Example of my DIR

C:\Users\roxi\Desktop\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\GarrysModDS

srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +port 27017 +map gm_construct +maxplayers 64 +exec server.cfg

Okay. Thanks roxi. So I create a new .txt file, name it whatever I want, lets say STARTUP, in GarrysModDS, then change .txt to .bat which leads to the full file name STARTUP.bat. Then I right click it, click on edit, and then paste that in there? Correct?

Yes.

That correct.

http://puu.sh/39Sd6.png

It will look like that once you have done that.

Yeah I did that. Thanks for the solution.