SetModelScale changes OBB but not hulls

So if you use SetModelScale on a player it will also scale their OBB - but not their hull for running in to walls and props. If you use SetModelScale and set your hull then your OBB will be scale^2 * hull. End result is small model scales having super small OBBs for player-to-player collisions and large model scales having other people get stuck in you.

Anyone have any work arounds? I can’t use matrix scaling because I want to keep the scaled hitbox sizes. Right now all I can think of is make it so my model has no hitboxes and just uses a fake hitbox entity. Then push out players near each other while disabling collisions between them.

You’ll have to multiply the default hull and view offset by your model scale and call these relevant functions.

I do that already. I’m saying the function is bugged and I need a work around.

In case I wasn’t clear:
SetHull changes both your OBB and hull.
SetModelScale multiplies your OBB.
SetModelScale does not multiply your hull.

Conclusion: there is no way to have your OBB and hull the same size that I can see.

I didn’t realise the SetHull stuff was that messed up. I do know that this was fixed in the Source engine’s game movement code a while ago so that the hulls would be scaled with the model scale (see here, this macro uses the model scale on top of the normal hull).

Well right now I have three options:

1. Wait for garry to fix it. teehee
  2. Recompile the model after changing it’s scale and hitboxes AND recompiling the gmod skeleton with a new scale.
  3. Making the player non-solid to all other players, pushing them out of this player if nearby, and parenting a bunch of invisible square entities to act as hitboxes.