Setting up a good RP-server

Hi there.

I’m not sure if this should have been placed in the “servers”-section, to me it just seems like a place to announce servers…

Well i’m setting up an RP-server but i would like to know how it should be setup like:

• Which RP-mod? Right now im thinking of DarkRP…
  • Which jobs?
  • Which kind of security? (eg. prop protection)
  • What kind of addons would be good to have on the server (other than admin panel and the rp-mod)?
  • Which map? Some friends have recommended rp_evocity2_v2p
  • Some features or other stuff?

Since Facepunch is the biggest gmod community i guess that some of you would be able to help me with this… I want to hang out on a server with a nice rp-mod and nice players (no deathmatch), theres too many servers either lagging or filled up with dm’ers…

Well, i have 2 rp mods that is good to get your server popular PERP 2.5 and Cider.
Which jobs: Well, you will need regular jobs. Example: Citizen/Unemployed, doctor, police, police commander, president/mayor.
Which kind of security: Of course prop protection. And restrict some tools for regular users, example: Ballons, axis, winch, rope, prop spawner.
What kind of addons: Easy precision, smart-snap.
Which map: I will recommend rp_evocity_v2d its actually the most used rp map. (for cider and perp)
Some features or other stuff: Well, if you want to make money then you have to lua script on the gamemode.

Hello and thanks for the reply! I have been looking at perp, but it does not look like a “community mod” (if you know what i mean). I have also heard that you need to pay for this, or has this changed?

Im not sure that i am allowed to talk about it here. But if you need to know then add me on steam: Thomasoreck

Can anyone else tell some useful information?

dont trust any 1 that sells gamemodes.

Try Tiramisu if you want a serious RP gamemode.