Seven Year Olds

So I have a TTT and DarkRP server, and they really flooded with annoying 7-9 year olds. I’d rather not have my community filled with young children. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that they get annoying after they have been screaming through your ears for 2 hours straight. I don’t even know what to do anymore. D:

The joy of owning my own server has slowly turned into the horror of babysitting children.

Ban them. Problem solved. It’s your server, not theirs.

^ Agreed. It really isn’t rocket science.

I would, but I don’t really want to give my server a bad reputation.
I don’t mind them if they just talk, just when they scream when they are about to die, and cry when they do, it just gets annoying.

So set a new rule: If you are unreasonably annoying and loud on the mic, out you go. If you can’t deal with playing the game, you’ll play it somewhere else.

That isn’t age-specific, either, so you can give idiot teenagers the boot just the same. If your server develops a “bad” reputation as a server where you can’t stick the mic down your windpipe and gargle the lyrics to Lady Gaga through an autotune voice modulator without getting kicked/banned, great.

theres ur problem

Try to be fair when it comes to kids. Like, I’ve been on servers where anyone with a high voice is muted, but then you’ll hear admins singing on mic and no one does a thing. Also, TTT comes with a voice drain feature, where players can only talk for a certain time before they’re cut off, which is fucking great and really helps when there’s, like 20+ people on a server.

We made an Evolve plugin so admins can just type !vdrain to enable it whenever it’s needed and maybe you should do the same?

If you ask me that reputation would be the thing to attract me to the server.