Several modded server under community listed

Hey there,

I launched a rust server myself some weeks ago and while monitoring the server listing I noticed, that there quite a lot modded servers listed under the community servers tab. Is this intended and how does that happen? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Individual admins can control the packets leaving their server and modify them to their liking. That includes the packets that inform the browser list if it’s modded or not.

And if they fake their server to appear in community or official when they’re actually modded, the server IP will be blacklisted permanently from the server list.

It can be done, but it’s not permitted.

Okay, thanks for the information. :slight_smile:

Also some things like decay and crafting rates are not only controlled by mods. There are actual config options available to server owners use (find . ) to find the list in RCON. Mods are defined as using the Oxide API to change your server. Community can still change config options and be defined as community. You can even shut off stability if you want some insane builds on your server

This is valuable information!
I would love to know if it;'s possible to adjust gather amounts withohut modding a server (10x more resources while gathering, etc)

no that is not a option

Hm then, partly related to topic, what is stability.passes stability,queuewarmup and stability.verbose?
Whre can I see definitions and list of ALL server variables?

Look at the bottom of the page.