Short Circuit's Clientside Workshop Adder v3.14

Are you a server owner?
Are you having issues getting Workshop addons/maps to download on clients?
Do you not have the time to look up how to add Workshop addons/maps for clients to download?
Do you not know how to code Lua?

Hi, my name is Short Circuit, and I have created a tool to solve the plaguing issue of adding Workshop addons to servers. Sure, it’s a somewhat simple task for some, but not everyone knows Lua, so I made this tool for that purpose.
All this tool takes is a few simple edits to the file. Just add a few IDs and map names to the tables at the top of the file, and this tool will take care of the rest.

All the instructions are laid out at the top of this file, and are short and concise for quick editing and progress.

This tool works for both Workshop addons and maps- there are separate Lua tables for each.

So what are you waiting for? Install this tool, and never have to worry about client Workshop downloads again!

Here’s the Pastebin link (because I don’t feel like updating the code here):

(Would’ve put a changelog here, but of course you can never trust a WYSIWYG editor…)

Nice idea, however your code has several unnecessary global functions/variables, also, in your “MAPS” for loop, you should localize “game.GetMap()” to a variable outside of the loop, so you’re not calling it on every iteration multiple times. Just my two cents, anyways, overall nice.

The goal of that function was to prettify everything- I’m not really fond of generic utilitarian looks. :stuck_out_tongue:
As for the loops, yeah, that’s probably a good idea. I wrote this in a few minutes, and it was mainly for private use until I prettified it.
I will be revising this tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome tool! now i don’t have to worry about people seeing errors. :v: (Well except if they have in their options “do not allow custom content”)

Yeah, that’s the sad part, and the part I can’t really fix. :frowning:

Thanks iv’e been looking for something like this for way to long.

I suggest using something like GitHub so you are able to accept requests & people’s pull requests. It’s a nifty tool.

Always happy to help. :smiley:

[editline]24th August 2014[/editline]

I’d considered it, but I kinda felt it a waste of a repo for one small file. Noted, though.