shotgun sounds

So I have a shotgun, and it’s reloading sound does’t work… Got any advice? It’s a pump shotty, so a simple SWEP.reload or whatever won’t cut it. The sound needs to be in sync with the animation which will reload so a certain of rounds depending of the number of the rounds left in the clip. I tired using that “weapon”.single bullshit, but that confuses the holy hell. So if someone knows how that works, I would appreciate some enlightenment.

Check your console while shooting.
If you see any red text, post it here.

*** Error unserializing VTF file… is the file empty?
Error reading material data “materials/models/weapons/v_models/hands/sleeve_normal.vtf”
Attemped to precache unknown particle system “smoke_trail”!

But that doesn’t have anything to do whit reloading sounds. Right now I have no sound specified for the reloading, cause it will only play it once.

Are you playing those sounds from Lua? Show your reload function?

Right now I have nothing… I just have primary fire and deploy specified in the shared.lua
I know I probably have to do the (weapon).Single thing and make a define all the sounds in autorun. That would probably simplify things. How is the (weapon).Single thing done? In every default weapon, the primary sound is specified to a .Single thing. For example USP…

SWEP.Primary.Sound = Sound( “Weapon_usp.Single” )

I know a file in autorun needs to be made and specify all the necessary sounds, but I don’t know all the special words (like reload, draw, idle, and stuff like that)
I hope this makes sense ._.

[lua]
SWEP.Primary.Sound = Sound( “Weapon_M3.Single” )

SWEP.Primary.Sound = Sound( “Weapon_XM1014.Single” )
[/lua]

You don’t have to set the reload sound AFAIK

nope, how are all those sounds defined in one directory?