Should Drinking Water be Required?

Currently you only need food to stay alive. Do you think that they should add water to that list too? Have water bottles be fairly common around the map that could be refilled near water fountains? Water fountains could be added along with them. I personally would like to see water added, currently it’s useless.

Yes, but water needs to be readily available, like small lakes are fresh water that are collectable.

You know what’d be nice? Rain, and you can collect that rain for drinking.
That’d be nice.

right now i dont think it should be required, but it should give benefits, like running longer

I don’t expect it to happen anytime soon but this is one thing I hope they add. If this is the case it probably won’t happen until fresh water is readily available on the map – AKA: when they make a new map lol.

On the other hand, I don’t want this to turn into the Sims; where I have to poop before I shit myself and get a negative moodlet. Just like that, I don’t think there should be any benefit to drinking water other than keeping yourself alive, just like food does now.

shufly said “it should give benefits, like running longer”. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m horribly out-of-shape and a glass of water doesn’t make much of a noticeable difference. :rolleyes:

You did notice how Beans, Tuna, Bottled Water and Rations all have a water amount in their descriptions, right? Thirst and needing to drink ARE apparently in the works based on that.

Not really, that proves nothing at all, water bottle has been in the game for ages.

Sounds cool! A small lake and alle the thirsty naked fighting with stones for some water :pwn:

Non bottled water should increase radiation

Add the ability to poison the water source

Its planned.

The Guild 2 fan? :wink:

This is one of those things that sounds nice in concept, but is actually just cumbersome and annoying.

Aside from the first 5 minutes of gameplay, is hunger ever anything other than tedious? It’s never a real threat - it’s just something you have to remember to look at and occasionally gets in the way. It doesn’t really add anything dynamic or interesting to the gaming experience. If we were to add water to the mix too…ugh. The item durability already added another level of tedium recently. Every time I go out farming, I end up running through 1-3 tools.

Reality is great. But this is still a game. You can’t make things too tedious.

It will be cool like you need to eat food and drink water. Like if you eat food and don’t drink water for a long time you will probably die. So it will be cool if they added it.

They wouldn’t have added hydration units to consumable items if they didn’t have plans the use a thirst system in the game.

Thirst is coming, whether you like it or not.

They should make water give you 200 rads a sip. Give rad pills more of a use and force people to have to hunt for them and it will fuel more conflict. I’m all for it.