Should it be harder to make items?

I know that Rust is still in Alpha but should it be harder to make items?

Some items are way to easy to make cause its not that hard to make Kevlar and a M4.
So what do you guys think?

Daniel Munoz:
I think more complicated items should require certain tools to make. For example for a gun you might need a screwdriver and a hammer. Each item has one or more tools needed in order to craft it. What do you guys think?

What is the reason why you picked one of those?
If you want, please leave a comment!

And Tnx everyone for using this poll!

I think guns need to be harder to craft, just metal fragments is to simple. It should be multiple parts for a gun.

I agree with you.
Cause if you kill someone who has full Kevlar and M4, then that player will be back in 5 minuts with full Kevlar and M4.
All because its way to easy to make those items and people have crates full of them.

It should be like, Holy shit i got a m4 i have to be careful with this. Not ok i just died with a m4 let me respawn and get another one.

The game is still in Alpha. Nuff’ said.

Can you please read my fırst comment?

[editline]14th October 2013[/editline]

I totally agree wıth you!
Its not even rare ıf you fınd a M4 or Kevlar cause ıts way to easy to get one!

You said it, this is Alpha. Things are kinda easy to aquire so we can try em all out, as we move on to Beta then Gold I’m sure the resource cost is gonna change dramatically on certain items. Also it’s seems this game might change quite a bit what with the Dev’s talking about changing the theme from zombies to more of an alien invasion type thing…

Ha, really? that would be neat, every night one random persone gets abducted by aliens LOL!

Ok so m4’s and kevlar will be really hard to make, you finnally make one of each after a days work. then you get raided and loose all your shit. Because you got raided you have to start over all again and because it’s so hard to make the guys who raided you got yet another upper hand.

Right now the simplicity of making Guns is countering the big clans

I neve said that it has to be that hard but now its still to easy to make kevlar and m4.
It still has to be rare and not this easy…
Thats why I opened this poll to ask what you guys think.

It probably will be coded to be more challenging in the future…as it is “simple” now, and game-play shouldn’t be “simple”.

Make Explosives harder to craft? -_-

I dont really know if is has to be harder but… Idk…

I think more complicated items should require certain tools to make. For example for a gun you might need a screwdriver and a hammer. Each item has one or more tools needed in order to craft it. What do you guys think?

I totally agree with your comment!
I also added your comment to Post #1 so everyone can see it!

Thanks just trying to help make Rust the best it can be!

Your doing great in my eyes :slight_smile:

[editline]14th October 2013[/editline]

It looks like 60% agrees with this idea.
I hope more people agree.

It looks like 60% agrees with this idea.
I hope more people agree.

I think some items need to be harder to make, such as explosives, and the higher tiered weapons and armor, but not things like camp fires and stone axes. So I am not voting because the poll is miss leading.

This would possibly be more of a logical back story as to why we all spawn naked… The aliens abducted these players and placed them on an island with no clothes for their enjoyment. Like some sort of perverted hunger games for aliens.

Seems a bit more logical than everyone ripping their clothes off simply because there are zombies and the world is ending. Also there aren’t any wemon so they are going to go extinct anyways. All im saying is this game is in need of some lore.

beware… the “its in alpha” comment is coming…