Should the devs implement limbs damage\disarming?

Just and idea, what do you guys think, should the devs implement a limp damage system?
For example shot to the leg will cause reduction in speed and bleeding,
while shot to the right arm will force the target to drop its weapon and unable to shoot with 2h weapons,
while still be able to use its left arm to shoot with 1h weapons such as pistols.

Also should the devs add gore to the game?
like the ability to blow off someone head (animation of head exploding when shot to the head at point blank)
or to shoot off limbs (like if you kill a target with a shot to the limp while also killing it in the process)

I think this is one of those cases where too much realism creates undesired game play.

Then again, sandbox. Why not? Leave a limbdmg.enabled 0/1 variable for server owners to config.

I should be able to chop off someone’s arm… If I’m that hungry it all tastes like chicken anyways, right?

I’ve mentioned this before, but limb damage, limb-specific hit-boxes and specific limb armor usages would add a lot to the combat. It would be awesome to be able to cripple somebody.

BLACK KNIGHT: 'Tis but a scratch.

ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm’s off!

BLACK KNIGHT: No, it isn’t.

ARTHUR: Well, what’s that then?

BLACK KNIGHT: I’ve had worse.

ARTHUR: You liar!

BLACK KNIGHT: Come on you pansy!

[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT’s right arm off]

ARTHUR: Victory is mine! [kneeling] We thank thee Lord, that in thy merc-

[Black Knight kicks Arthur in the head while he is praying]

BLACK KNIGHT: Come on then.

ARTHUR: What?

BLACK KNIGHT: Have at you!

ARTHUR: You are indeed brave, Sir knight, but the fight is mine.

BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, had enough, eh?

ARTHUR: Look, you stupid bastard, you’ve got no arms left.

BLACK KNIGHT: Yes I have.

ARTHUR: Look!

BLACK KNIGHT: Just a flesh wound.

[Headbutts Arthur in the chest]

ARTHUR: Look, stop that.

BLACK KNIGHT: Chicken! Chicken!

ARTHUR: Look, I’ll have your leg. Right! [whop]

BLACK KNIGHT: Right, I’ll do you for that!

ARTHUR: You’ll what?

BLACK KNIGHT: Come 'ere!

ARTHUR: What are you going to do, bleed on me?

BLACK KNIGHT: I’m invincible!

ARTHUR: You’re a loony.

BLACK KNIGHT: The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then.

[whop]

[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT’s other leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT: All right; we’ll call it a draw.

ARTHUR: Come, Patsy.

BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, oh, I see, running away, 'eh? … You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what’s coming to you… I’ll bite your legs off!

I can’t mod the client to display changes, but I’ve just added this to my list of mods to make…

‘Better Combat - disarm/cripple your opponent with well-placed hits’

Probably the following defaults, configurable of course:

• 20% chance of disable fire for 1-3 seconds if shot in primary arm/hand
  • 5% chance of actual disarm (drop weapon) for shot in arm, 10% if shot in hand
  • 20% chance of a ‘bob’ if shot in the leg
  • 5% chance of cripple (Injured status for 10 seconds) if shot in foot
  • Small chance also of clip/gun jamming, requires 1-3 attempted reloads to clear, more likely to happen if spamming bullets…

I can even make it so you sometimes puke if someone gets you in the balls LOL.

Sound good? Suggestions welcome, and I’ll let you know whether it’s possible in a mod.

To me it seems they may have this planned for the future. Given that mods can track hits to specific locations, with their new system that’s being put in to place, I can’t imagine it that much more difficult to apply effects to damaged limbs.

I’m all for it!

I want to be able to cut someones arms and legs off. That would be interesting, add this!

Can you put them in your inventory to kidnap them? You can already put foundations and wood shelters right in your pockets now a torso, easy peasy.

While I’ve always loved the concepts of limb damage, disarming in a game it’s often abused or weird, sometimes unbalanced. It’s a possible shitfest.

We need crazy limb gibs

The last game i have played that had war based gore was CoD WaW which is my favorite game. That was many years ago now the only gore i see in games is from zombies or survival horror which upsets me. But i would love to have some dismemberment in this game.