Sickness system in rust.

Cold:
Swimming for 30seconds or more.

Cure:
get in front of a campfire, or take a heat pack.
you can find heat packs in rad zones, or in mutant animals.
----------------------------------------•-------------------------------------------------•-------------------------------------------------•–
Cold 2:
Staying out in the night.

Cure:
get in front of a campfire, or take a heat pack.

Prevention:
Wear a full set of some kind of cloths, or hold a torch.
----------------------------------------•-------------------------------------------------•-------------------------------------------------•–
Cold 3:
Being in the new snow biome.

Cure:
get in front of a campfire for a longer time, or take 2 a heat packs.

Prevention:
Wear a full set of cloths better than cloth armor.

Suggestion:
Make some cloths to prevent getting sick in cold biomes, craftable with leather & cloths.

http://www.bridgemanimages.com/Media%20library/IMAGES/NEWS%20AND%20FEATURES/EN-GB/ARTIST%20AND%20COLLECTION%20HIGHLIGHTS/2011/CLOTHES.JPG

Infection:
Getting bit mutant animals.

Cure:
take an antidote pill, or 5 normal rad pills.

Prevention:
Wear a kevlar shirt.

Suggestion:
Mutant animals with 2 attacks, A bite attack, with 4 out of 8 chances to get you infected, and a normal attack.
And some new antidote pills.

[editline]1st September 2014[/editline]

Update 1:

Cold Symptoms :
You get an annoying Blur effect, and some random sneezing sounds.

Infection Symptoms:
You get another blur effect, some auditory illusions, and some random vomiting sounds, like when you eat chicken.

The first few reminds me of Cryostasis. If anything, I’d give the server admins the option, not force it. Some of these items could be very annoying.

they could make some easy/normal/hard servers, the sickness system would be de-activated in easy and normal, but activated in hard ones.

Oxide rust mod already has a infestation plugin amongst others, and they are a currently working on porting oxide to experimental. Ultimately if the devs don’t put stuff in the mod community will and with this and maybe steam workshop and the random maps. All servers will be unique.

But looking through all the servers to find the right server for you is gonna be a pain

Agreed, bimmer.

Hi. I like the idea of diseases. To add a bit of my own ideas:
Flu. You get shivers. Your vision blurrs and you walk slowly. You get cold real fast. Can progress to pneumonia.
How you get it: From other players, pigs, chicken and blanket. Chance of getting it increase if you live in a crowded neighbourhood.
Cure: none. You have to wait it out preferably under a blanket.

The runs:
You get loose stools with high frequency. Sound and animation. Enemies can hear (and smell!) you from far away.
You get it from: Food made by people with the runs. Uncooked food.
Cure: none, you have to wait it out.

Pneumonia: You cough alot, you can be heard from far away. You walk slowly and become cold real fast.
If you have had it longer than one in game day, you will start to lose health.
Cure: antibiotics, can be found as a rare drop in rad towns or its equivalent.
Can also be manufactured from fungi found in caves through a lengthy process.

Those are really cool idea, but think it would be really hard to implement to the game, so i guess much simpler ideas should be best ?