Simple Terry Editor - A basic clothing editor for the citizen player model

This is my attempt at creating a basic character editor for the terry/citizen playermodel, for use in simple gamemodes like DM98 or the classic Sandbox gamemode. This will be a simple editor, and as such will only contain basic features such as changing between clothes, changing skin colour (if possible with the terry model), and potentially hooking into a permissions system (So only admins, donators or whatever could wear certain clothing items.)

This is my current design for the menu, which will pop up when you enter the server for the first time, or if you type a command to re open it. The character on the left would be using the scene render capture, so it would follow the users mouse and have its clothes change in real time.

The project is currently half complete, as the backend which connects to a REST API is mostly feature complete, and should be able to be dropped into S&box without too much trouble. I currently have it hooked up to a console app connected to a firebase database, which should hopefully accurately simulate how the code will work in game, but until I get my hands on the game who knows.

Github link if you would like to check out the code:

(This project has been made to help me get a better understanding of using REST, so if there are any bad practices please complain about it so I can fix it.)

18 Likes

I like the idea, it was finally time for someone to finally want to dress her up. :laughing:

4 Likes

You can have items on the hands too

8 Likes

Nice stuff! :+1:

2 Likes

If you want I can take a video from Tub/Wiseguys showing all clothing and the editor to maybe give you some ideas.

2 Likes

yes please!!

3 Likes

Beautiful :tropical_fish:

2 Likes

That looks great ! :+1:

3 Likes

Ah good to know, i’ll update it accordingly.

1 Like

That would be great if you could, thanks.

1 Like

Hell yeah loving it, I can see this being super useful and creative

2 Likes

will this have support for addons on to this editor? I want to make a half life inspired costume set and want to know if modifying you editor will be easily possible to add these new items.

2 Likes

It already does! You just add a new element to the bodypart array in the API like this:

4 Likes

will there be a terry first person (or shared world/view) rig that youll be able to see these clothes with?

2 Likes

nice

2 Likes

That depends more on how people implement their gamemodes, so we’ll see.

1 Like

So if you’re using REST for player data storage, is that only temporary until a data storage system is built into s&box or is there a different reason?

2 Likes

I’m using REST at the moment since the devs have been pushing towards using an API rather than connecting straight to a database. If the standard changes or some built in system is added i’ll probably switch to using that instead.

2 Likes

Neato!

2 Likes

Here’s what it looks like in Tub.

EDIT: Just to reiterate, I did not make this.

7 Likes