Singleplayer: LONG loading times, black screen and crash

Hello everyone.

This problem started on the weekend. I was playing a map from the workshop called GM_TrainCity_v2. The map was just released, and I was testing it. Apart from being unoptimized and laggy, with a lot of INFRA models, this was going normal. Then, I disconnect and wanted to play another map (Futuropolis Circuit v1) and the game “freezes” at “Loading Resources”. I closed the game with alt+ctrl+del and tried again with another map (gm_construct), and the “freeze” happened again.
I validated steam files like 3 times (including other source games, just to be sure), and the problem persists.
Today I wanted to test if the game was just “frozen” or was just slow. I let the game to load for 1 HOUR and 15 minutes, and when the map loaded (finally, and was gm_flatgrass) the screen was black apart from “Something is creating script errors”, the “You are going to have lag” screen by Metrostroi and the net_graph text. The map was completely black, and the game crashed to desktop without being able to do anything.

I have no idea what would be causing this, and this makes my game literally unplayable.
Also, I have already unsubscribed some addons and this still persists, but I’m still not sure if a specific addon is causing this.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day :slight_smile:

You probably have way too many addons, or 1 or more of them are actively sabotaging your game. Keep uninstalling addons until you find the culprit.

Well, time to do a purge on my gmod lol.
I’ll try to post my results on Friday, because the University is a priority at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for the answer :3