Slambox - my s&box gamemode

Hey, I just started working on a new S&box gamemode. I aim to make it quake-live ish.

I’m using the deathmatch repo as a base. You can see my forked repo here: GitHub - webbywebbers/slambox: like quake live but in s&box. I’ve been messing around a bit with it.

I hope to work more on it once I get S&box access, but stay tuned for more info :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Based on what you have there it seems like you really just renamed things ( and changed a string ), this may be a little premature. Why not try copying a weapon file and making some assumed behavioral changes? Garry added a shotgun in a recent push.

Ain’t much to work with but I look forward to seeing what you put together when more gets bled down :smiley:

For example this code here involves bullets:

for ( int i = 0; i < 20; i++ )
	{
		ShootBullet( 0.5f, 0.3f, 5.0f, 3.0f );
	}

and you can see it’ll shoot 20 bullets with those properties. Probably the cone, damage, etc

10 Likes

Hey everyone,

sorry about the lack of news, been busy.

I was waaay behind facepunch, so I created a v2 branch (GitHub - webbywebbers/slambox at v2)
Hopefully I’ll have enough time to mess around :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ve been learning a bit about scss by peeking at their code, and I’ll probably make some new UI stuff. And yes, I’ll make some new weapons.

Again, stay tuned

5 Likes

I made a discord where I’ll post updates

4 Likes

Here’s a quick UI mockup:

tell me what you think :slight_smile:

5 Likes

health bar mockup

I know these look a bit off center, I think it’s how I took the screenshots

4 Likes

Final small update for today, I updated the KillFeed so it hopefully should look something like this:

killfeed

(without the weapon icon)

3 Likes

UI lookin’ fresh :fire:

5 Likes

i had no idea where to post my portfolio so don’t call me a keybeggar or whatever for posting it here haha
(also wtf 1k views thanks guys :D)

https://webbywebbers.github.io/portfolio/

3 Likes

i changed all the typos
i made the site at like 9 am i dont think my brain was working

4 Likes

if you’ve seen the commits from the last few days (which you probably haven’t lol) I decided to modify the weapons a bit.

New weapons:

Sluggo
The shotgun but every shot is secondary making it more powerful but slower.

Pack a punch
A semi-auto pistol that doesn’t have that big of an ammo clip but has a super fast fire rate.

Bamboozler
I basically just changed the viewmodel for the pistol to the smg and changed the spray a bit.

4 Likes

Ignore the previous logo, I made it better.

I used my amazing paint 3d skills to make a gamemode thumbnail/backgound. Tell me what you think of 'em.

thumbnail:

slambox_thumb

background:

2 Likes

changed the InventoryBar.scss up a bit. It’s got blue and white now.

2 Likes

Okay, hear me out…

I’m not a designer by a long stretch but wouldn’t the logo fit perfectly onto the ‘O’?
It keeps bugging me just how good it would fit inside for some reason. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

haha yeah that was bugging me too

here’s it slightly better

2 Likes

You posted the wrong image.

2 Likes

Oh, here @Liquid

3 Likes

I was hoping for a picture with the facepunch(?) logo inside the O of BOX. :sleepy:

3 Likes

quick update -

gamemode should work with the new Pawn system. (Implemented most of garry’s new code)

2 Likes

I’ll start doing daily-ish “dev updates” here to fill in the stuff I’ve been doing, instead of posting small replies throughout the day

UI:

• all the UI is now blue and white to fit the logo
  • added armor to the Vitals. Uses the same code as health.

Player:

• bunnyhopping
  • Removed ability to pickup crossbow ammo on spawn (wasn’t needed)

Weapons:

• Use new ItemRespawn code
  • modify bamboozler spray a bit
4 Likes