Slayer's HLDSUpdateTool Menu

Version 1.1 has been released.

[release]Features:
[li] Includes most every game currently on the HLDSUpdateTool.[/li][li] Easy to use command style interface.[/li][li] Source2003 content moving option.[/li][li] Includes example configs for Garry’s Mod and example batch files for launching servers.[/li]
Pictures:
Main Menu

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5601782/hut_menu1.PNG

Secondary Menu

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5601782/hut_menu2.PNG

The Help

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5601782/hut_menu3.PNG

Installing a Game (A little messed up from testing)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5601782/hut_menu4.PNG

Exit Message

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5601782/hut_menu5.PNG

[/release]
[release]Helpful Informaton:

//Sandbox Commands (Server.cfg)
sbox_maxprops 100
sbox_maxragdolls 5
sbox_maxvehicles 5
sbox_maxeffects 15
sbox_maxballoons 25
sbox_maxnpcs 5
sbox_maxsents 15 //Currently missing but may return
sbox_maxdynamite 10
sbox_maxlamps 10
sbox_maxlights 10
sbox_maxwheels 50
sbox_maxthrusters 50
sbox_maxhoverballs 50
sbox_maxbuttons 50
sbox_maxemitters 25
sbox_maxspawners 10
sbox_maxturrets 5
sbox_godmode 1
sbox_plpldamage 1

//ScriptEnforcer Commands (Autoexec.cfg)
sv_scriptenforcer 1
sv_scriptenforcer_initialkick 1

//Gamemode Commands (Autoexec.cfg)
sv_defaultgamemode Sandbox
sv_gamemodeoverride Sandbox
sv_gamemode Sandbox
map gm_construct

[/release]

[release]**Download Links:
Dropbox
**[/release]

After some rethinking of my installer, I decided to go a route which allows for many more games to be added, which currently includes every non-beta game on HLDSUpdateTool.

When game updates are released, just launch the menu then type in the game command just like you did to install the server.

Want to host more mirrors? Feel free to PM me more!

I will not help you portfoward your computer, any posts pertaining to unlisted or unjoinable servers are problems that exist from srcds and not from my installer.

Dude this helps loads.
it is WAY better than your old installer because this one installs very fast
i started them both at once and the new one completed counter strike in 24.35 minutes and your old one took 2 hours exact so im gonna tag this post as Useful.

Edit:

BTW i spotted a bug.
TF2 wont install it just closes the menu and creates an orangebox folder but the folder is empty

I’m not sure how that works :S It’s a good installer, but the .bat file simply uses the usual commands for HLDSUpdatetool.exe. The fact that one was 25 minutes and the other was 2 hours seems to be an anomaly :stuck_out_tongue:

Both seem to use:

Not sure why it happens but I manged to fix it.

Incase of file structure problems I decided that HLDS, SRCDS and anything other servers should be in separate files.

What do you think?

Dedicated Server/Gameserver/HLDS
Dedicated Server/Gameserver/SRCDS
Dedicated Server/Gameserver/Other

or

Dedicated Server/Source
Dedicated Server/GoldSrc
Dedicated Server/Other

or post your own idea.

I’m having a problem installing the TF2 content, when I try to install, it opens another console then closes it without installing anything, i’ll see if I can get you anymore info on this error.

To fix that you need to edit the “HLDSUpdateTool Menu” .bat file and ctrl+F :tf When you find that, change it to :tf2

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8074/26517953.jpg

Okay, I made a few changes to the format of it so if you are using an older version you should be fine anyways.

SRCDS based games are in the Gameserver/SRCDS folder.
HLDS based games are in the Gameserver/HLDS folder.
Other games are in the Gameserver/Other folder.

If you want, you could move the contents of the Gameserver folder to whichever engine folder you want if you remotely understand the folder formats this should be pretty easy to you.

TF2 just uses it’s HLDSUpdateTool name now.

I’m having a big problem , i extracted the folder Dedicated server into a folder i made : Garry’s Mod 10 Server

But when i launch HLDSUpdateTool it says : Checking Bootstrapper version , and then poof it closes. Please help me.

Thanks for the help :smiley:

Sounds like something is firewalling it off.

I keep getting srcds.exe is not found

i really like this installer much better then your old one, keep up the good work :smiley:

I have downloaded this i worked fine then an update came got that then i oped the server start and it said missing dll idk what happened :frowning:

sorry to be noobish but what does it do it ddint make me sence of it.
is it serverhoster or something?

It is a menu for the command line based HldsUpdateTool. HldsUpdateTool is the program which downloads and updates various server instances for games on Steam. It’s like Steam but for servers. This batch file makes it easy to use.

It is ment to be tf. When I made my server the “real” way my tf2 folders where called tf.

The command was tf2 when I made the first batch, but I meant to make it tf like it was listed.

I tried to stay as close as I could to the normal game names though, Killer Pie would be correct that Team Fortress 2 would be tf by game name.

That is why it is tf in this menu also.

I keep getting srcds.exe is not found

is there anyway to mount more games by using the GCF’s i already have. if not, how do i mount a game?

[editline]08:13PM[/editline]

a few problems I have. I cannot for the life of me get it to be public acces. Before you ask I DO HAVE MY PORTS FORWARDED.
and when starting the server up i get this error

The procedure entry point
?AddProfileForThread@CVProfManager@@QAEPAVCProfileThreadEntry@@PAVCVProfile@@I@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library tier0_s.dll.

but the server still runs

might it be that i am running 64 bit and have the dedicated installed on a drive where steam isn’t installed?

Thanks this is awesome compared to your old one.

Edit:

Btw the install was really clean and simple.

I now got an error and it says like this
Please help me on this one.

Console initialized.
Missing shutdown function for COM_InitFilesystem< info.m_pInitialMod > : COM_shutdownFilesystem<>

And it comes as soon as i press Start Garrysmod.bat in the cmd.exe window.

How to fix?