Slow motion lag??

Hey, whenever i play garrys mod or any other steam game like HL2, every 5 minutes, i lagg for like 60 seconds, this isnt internet lagg, it walks as though im going slow motion, this even happens offline on HL2 ep1 and ep2, it is making it really hard to play steam games, can anyone help?

You should put the game in window mode, and open task manager, then when it lags, check if cpu usage and if any program is using a large amount of cpu.

i just did that, a programme called: System idle process which is a system process, is using 99 of my CPU but i cant end the process?

System idle process just tells you how much of your CPU that you’re not using. Ignore that one and check for any others that go high.

ok the only other one is the hl2.exe which is gmod and that is only using up to 07 of my cpu

And this is happening when the game is running in slow motion?

yeh

[editline]06:22PM[/editline]

I have just been playing, and the lag came back again, i looked into the console and it said this in red writing:

cpu speed 2824 MHz AMD
2047 MB of system RAM
cpu speed 2824 MHz AMD
2047 MB of system RAM
cpu speed 2824 MHz AMD
2047 MB of system RAM
cpu speed 2824 MHz AMD
2047 MB of system RAM
cpu speed 2824 MHz AMD
2047 MB of system RAM
cpu speed 2824 MHz AMD
2047 MB of system RAM
couldn’t exec userconfig.cfg
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg
couldn’t exec userconfig.cfg
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

Ok i fixed this, i just used driver magician and update all my drivers for motherboard, graphics ect, and it works fine, thread closed.