So by trolling on garrysmod.org, you can get VAC banned

What the fuck is this, you might aswell give out VAC bans for people who are asses on Facepunch.

You’ve got to be kidding.
It bans your account on the site, not your VAC status.

I’ve heard people say they got VAC banned. 'Guess i’ve been lied to.

Probably. Only Valve can VAC ban people.
They were probably just angry they got banned “for no reason” and wanted to make the site look bad.

“WARNING: IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON’T SAY ANYTHING.
YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT WILL BE BANNED FOR BEING AN ASS HERE.”

Probably just got banned, instead of being VAC banned.

Yes. Your steam account is linked to the garry’s mod site. So in a way, your steam account is being banned. But not VAC banned.

For God’s sake how can so many people be this stupid? It doesn’t say **ANYTHING **about your Steam account and if you put some thought into it rather than just making stupid assumptions you’d realize it’s talking about your Garrysmod.org account.

“WARNING: IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON’T SAY ANYTHING.
YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT WILL BE BANNED FOR BEING AN ASS HERE”

Well, I sure see something about your Steam account here.

Well no duh, to register/login you have to tie your gmod.org account to your steam account that has gmod. Get banned from the .org just means you can’t make a new account without rebuying the game.

Your steam account is banned from USING THE SITE. You can still use your fucking steam account, play games and not be VAC banned. You just cant use the shit for downloading off gmod.org. Seriously, are you people so fucking dumb?

One last time…

You Steam ACC is linked to your Garrysmod.org ACC and your Disqus ACC. Banning your steam ACC that is linked to your Disqus ACC will NOT result in a ban on garrysmod.org, VAC, or garrysmod.org.

Period.

Put simply, you can still download off of gmod.org and are not VAC banned. I’m banned from comments, nothing else.

your STEAM account gets banned. Not VAC banned. When you try to login or register with a banned steam account it wont let you.

No it doesn’t. You can still login to gmod.org, but you can’t comment.

The red text is deceiving.

The only thing Garry has power over is your Garrysmod.org account.

People spend alot of money on their games, and that disclaimer is highly unspecific. Nothing wrong with being careful.

Nothing wrong with being careful too, however op was not being careful, was just assuming, and making a dumb thread based on that assumption.

You shouldn’t be a troll anyway. You shouldn’t have to ask if it’ll be okay or not if you go ahead and troll just because you won’t get VAC banned.

But no that’s not how it works. You get banned from commenting.

don’t assume all accounts are connected to steam because mine is still connected to facebook on another computer

Nothing wrong with the way it’s worded. Gives retards something to fear, gives smarter people the realisation they’ll need a new Steam account if they get banned.

It still gets annoying when 8 years olds upload dumb backgrounds or some other stupid thing like when they upload a save.