So many crashes happening to me!

One crash after another. I have barely quit GMod properly because of this. Engine errors, random freezes, and one video card crash. Examples:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/engine_error2.PNG
http://filesmelt.com/dl/engine_error3.PNG
http://filesmelt.com/dl/source_error11.PNG
Specs:

[ul]
[li] Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)[/li][li] Language: English (Regional Setting: English)[/li][li]System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.[/li][li] System Model: Studio XPS 8000[/li][li] BIOS: Default System BIOS[/li][li] Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz[/li][li] Memory: 8192MB RAM[/li][li] Windows Dir: C:\Windows[/li][li] DirectX Version: DirectX 11[/li][li]DX Setup Parameters: Not found[/li][li] User DPI Setting: Using System DPI[/li][li] System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)[/li][li] DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled[/li][li] DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode[/li][/ul]

Such a good computer…

you have tried reinstalling it havent you? but just to be sure, delete your garrysmod folder first, because it may still have whatever is causing the bug. (dont worry, the folder will be recreated when it reinstalls, but they will be fresh files)
and by all means, if you have things you want from the folder, just back the whole thing up, just in the case that delting your files did not work :slight_smile:

Try deleting your addons.

Also post what GPU you use.

And buying the biggest everything isn’t necessarily the best thing to do on a computer.

Try reinstalling your steam, I had a big clusterfuck of engine errors on all of my source games, and steam reinstall helped. But first do smaller things like delete your addons or reinstall Gmod. Maybe that will help.

Try throw your computer by window lol

Uhm, you list everything but the most important: Graphics card.
Try right-clicking the game, choose properties, go to the Local Files tab, click Verify Game Cache Integrity.
Try clearing your cache
Try reinstalling your game
Try disabling one addon at a time (By moving it to another folder) and see if one of the addons are causing the errors

All the DPI setting does, is setting how big your fonts are on the pc :smiley:

Well, there’s a set of 4x16 GB RAM out soooooo…

The LuaFilenames stringtable hasn’t existed since the datapack update, are you using a pirated copy?

The rest of your errors suggest either an issue with the RAM itself, the video card, or you simply have far too many addons (which is also likely because you’re getting the stringtable overflow)

He could have GMod set to not auto-update

Do you have an autoexec? If so, post it here in code tags, please. If you don’t, I’ll make one for you that fully take advantage of all that RAM.

Also, Verify Game Cache files via Steam, and defragmenting via GCFScape (NOT Steam). If you don’t know how to defrag with GCFScape, go to the bottom of this page.

You can also “clean” GMod by navigating to X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps<Username> and renaming the garrysmod folder to something else, such as garrysmod old. This will make Steam create a new garrysmod folder. Run the game again and see if you still have problems.

I don’t have pirated GMod, but I’ll try doing the folder clean for the 5th time.
[editline]f[/editline]
No, still crashing. Only with Buoyancy tool, Weight, a HUD, and the PHX and Wire pack.

Also, defragmenting the GCF failed because the file doesn’t have writing permissions.