Solarpower

Coming soon.

This is awesome, this is exactly what is needed in the GMod community right now, fresh ideas.

Your UI Is really simple however it looks really really good, i will join if i can find the time,

Nice work!

Sometimes the GMod modding community blows my mind, simply beautiful work you’ve done.

I just spent a good 5 minutes finding out how to get in my ship. This is cool.

Thats wicked but I can’t help feeling like you are limiting yourself by using Source instead of something like Unreal Engine or Unity

I’m not nearly as familiar as I’d like to be with either, and starting a project of this size on something like that wouldn’t have as good of an outcome.

How do you plan on focusing the exploration aspect with the limited size of source maps? Looks good though!

It’s actually quite a small .bsp for how large that map is.
There’s lots of exploration in this, I was on for about an hour.

How do you figure out the name of a zone? This client wants to go to Hercules Kappa. How do I find out where that is?

If an NPC says a system name, it’s clickable in chat. You can also surround a system in to make it clickable, ie [Sol].

[editline]12th May 2015[/editline]

I’m actually only using half the grid or so right now - there’s plenty of room.

I love the hopping sounds… It’s so… atmospheric. Silence… then, POP beautiful new system

It sorta reminds me of Devinity2, shame that went dead.

I would suggest adding a tooltip about how to enter your ship because I’m having difficulty as we speak trying to enter it.

Also very neat.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528389490176409509/F065FABCC6238DC37E0AF3606D44C3DFE4D61E41/?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=,|1024:576&background-color=black

How do you enter your ship so I know when I try to play?

You just go to your map and click on the system thingy, and click autopilot.

[lua][ERROR] gamemodes/solarpower/gamemode/cargo/passenger.lua:10: attempt to index local ‘sys’ (a nil value)

1. OnHUDClick - gamemodes/solarpower/gamemode/cargo/passenger.lua:10
  2. DoClick - gamemodes/solarpower/gamemode/cl_hud.lua:705
    3. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:218

[/lua]

Occurred when I clicked on a passenger. Also, I forgot where the passenger wanted to go because I was trying to figure out how to get in my ship, so I would suggest adding a quests tab.

Oh I see.

[editline]12th May 2015[/editline]

Yep, same;

[ERROR] gamemodes/solarpower/gamemode/cargo/passenger.lua:10: attempt to index local 'sys' (a nil value)
  1. OnHUDClick - gamemodes/solarpower/gamemode/cargo/passenger.lua:10
   2. DoClick - gamemodes/solarpower/gamemode/cl_hud.lua:705
    3. unknown - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:218

Also, I reached Hercules Kappa but the passenger is still with me. Am I supposed to drop him on a specific planet?

Thats not ver helpful :confused:

To enter your ship, hold C and click on the EJECT button at the bottom of your screen.

Freaking awesome gamemode, however there should be some explinations before you can start the game properly. Also, the overlay is seriously annoying, anyway to remove that? The vgui isn’t scaled (the spacebar vgui had a purchase button directly on top of the exit button and I had to rejoin the server)