Some addition/modifiacion ideas

I just want to put my $0.02 out there and maybe some of these ideals will take hold.

Changes
Doors can only be put in doorways on player created foundations.
Foundations cannot be placed within 30m of static buildings.
Boxes can only be set on foundations
Sleeping bags decay over time/use
Radiation poisoning causes vomiting after 350 rads.

Additions
Window frames - It would be a cross shaped wooden or metal framework that you set inside created window fixtures; thus eliminating the need for doors to be placed inside windows.
Hammer - A new tool that would enable the user to modify any building superstructure, based on the players unique substructure.
Night time airdrop - I just think an airdrop at night would be interesting, and probably easier to get if you were in the right place at the right time.
Forge - This could be reworked into crafting of weapons like pistols and rifles, also for use in creating melee weapons such as swords and bear traps at a later date.
Bear trap - causes the player to bleed and takes 40% maximum health; disappears upon server restart.
Snare - causes the player to be snared for a period of time, unless they have a hatchet to cut them self free; also disappears upon server restart.
Health meter for structures/placed items - just a viewable meter for the fortitude of placed items that only the player who placed them can see, it would make it much easier to tell overall decay.

[quote=“Fast, post:1, topic:139264”]

I just want to put my $0.02 out there and maybe some of these ideals will take hold.

Changes
Doors can only be put in doorways on player created foundations. Agree
Foundations cannot be placed within 30m of static buildings. Disagree. It would prevent me from expanding on my structure. Unnecessary suggestion.
Boxes can only be set on foundations Disagree. It would prevent me from placing a box in my starter shed, or hunting shed during game-play. Unnecessary suggestion.
Sleeping bags decay over time/use Disagree and Agree. They should decay with the structure, but be refreshed when a door connected to the foundation is opened. Out in the wild, placed on a plain, I could understand a decay arguement.
Radiation poisoning causes vomiting after 350 rads. Don’t really care.

Additions
Window frames - It would be a cross shaped wooden or metal framework that you set inside created window fixtures; thus eliminating the need for doors to be placed inside windows. Disagree, because when I want to shoot out my window, I’ll hit the window pane.
Hammer - A new tool that would enable the user to modify any building superstructure, based on the players unique substructure. Agree, mentioned already, and would need testing as with anything else.
Night time airdrop - I just think an airdrop at night would be interesting, and probably easier to get if you were in the right place at the right time. Agreed, mentioned already, and airdrops will be more dynamic and random in the future.
Forge - This could be reworked into crafting of weapons like pistols and rifles, also for use in creating melee weapons such as swords and bear traps at a later date. **Agree, mentioned already, and would need testing as with anything else.**QUOTE]

My input in Bold

I like the idea of the not allowing building to be placed near 30m of static buildings just so people (For example seems like Cik does it.) can’t get loot. Gets annoying at time lol…

Foundations cannot be placed within 30m of static buildings. Disagree. It would prevent me from expanding on my structure. Unnecessary suggestion.

-I’m not sure how that would prevent you from expanding on your structure. Placing houses within loot zones is cheap and borderline cheating.

Boxes can only be set on foundations Disagree. It would prevent me from placing a box in my starter shed, or hunting shed during game-play. Unnecessary suggestion

-Give starter sheds a foundation, problem solved. 2 birds one stone.

What about the people who live in Wooden Shelters?

I think the vomiting is useless

What about the people who live in Wooden Shelters?
-Read the post above yours

I think the vomiting is useless
-It is, I just thought it would be more realistic/funny.

Whats so funny about radiation poisoning?

Whats so funny about radiation poisoning?

Whats not funny about it!

you think chernobyl was funny?

what

Chernobyl, the nuclear explosion in europe, wich is on the other side of the planet from USA, yes believe it or not there is actually more to earth than usa!

[quote=“Cik, post:2, topic:139264”]

About the windows, we should have metal bars to cover window openings instead of a full glass pane. that way, people cant get in but you can shoot out and it provides a little protection

[quote=“david375, post:14, topic:139264”]

i think this is a bad idea cuz if u can shoot out im pretty sure people can shoot in

jeez sorry, I didnt know what that was calm down

About the windows, we should have metal bars to cover window openings instead of a full glass pane. that way, people cant get in but you can shoot out and it provides a little protection.

• I wasn’t really suggesting glass, just the framework. Glass seems really improbable to create given the survival circumstances.

Chernobyl, the nuclear explosion in europe, wich is on the other side of the planet from USA, yes believe it or not there is actually more to earth than usa!

• Well, that escalated fast. You can’t find humor in vomiting? If not I pitty you.

Will never happen, my good sir. In order to expand on any structure, a foundation needs to connect to it, so by virtue of building the first / initial foundation or 2 of my home, your preventing anyone from expanding on their structure, which is why your point will never be adopted on its’ face.

• I’m sure there are ways. If not they could implement a much faster rate of decay for homes within radiation zones. Like 20x faster decay.

Your response to me has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of preventing someone from expanding on an existing structure.

Your response to me has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of preventing someone from expanding on an existing structure.

-Once again I go back to no foundations can be built within 30m of static structures. It’s not like it limits your foundation options EXCEPT when it interferes with the 30m boundary. So, you almost always have 3 other options to place foundations. It’s not complicated, it forces you to choose wisely when setting foundations.

I second that. Hate scallywags who put metal doors in loot area houses, sealing off 4 crates at once, by one door!