Not sure if this is the best place for this; people seem to post here a lot with this kinda stuff, but if there is a system I should be plugging these into, let me know.
I’m the admin of meow (meow.hfbsite.com) and these are some of the changes I’d like to see, as far as features & bugs:
- Be able to give more than one item at a time, such as specifying a multiplier. giving a stack of wood takes 250 commands; should take one.
- coordinates & map; I know some people don’t want, but i think it matters. Maybe make GPS units a drop? same for a map; and maybe make the user figure out where they are from the two items. I think that plays to being able to teleport as admin to XYZ coordinates; otherwise there’s no discovery available for that, so might as well drop that admin feature if you only want it to be to other players.
- everyone should be able to execute “status”
- Add ability to query users online list; maybe part of status output
- Chat dialog needs to be more… WoW-like. need to be able to see previous messages. Maybe make f2 a “full” chat window that keeps everything, similar in design to the console, and leave the text in the corner as is. I think this would go a long way.
- Bonfires; big brother to campfire
- Cars working would be nice; but horses that players could ride/kill would be cool too.
- Please don’t get rid of the uber hatchet or other admin-only items! I think it gives them something they can offer to their players in exchange for money to help run the server. I know some admins abuse… and as its their server they’re surely allowed to; but guys like me want to offer a balanced gameplay, but also have ways to spice things up.
- Adjustable building decay rate via console or server config
- cannot disable instabuild once enabled
- Sometimes commands in console do not take. I have to repeat them a few times. started with latest update
- grass.on false does not work for me; used to. (OSX)
- User names more visible above characters; should appear when within a given range or sight resolution.
- targeting should be fuzzier; targeting doors, campfires etc. for usage can take some effort sometimes. Should “snap” to objects more.
- trees should disappear when there’s no more wood
- paint for buildings; but really just some way to make them more visually distinctive; maybe just types of wood.
- solar kit drop for night lighting
- Wood ladders (raiding 101)
- Allow door to be opened by other player; can be set via selection of nearby players
- Becoming a zombie after too much radiation would be cool; but i know they might be going away
- flaming arrows
- to that end, burnable wood buildings
Anyway, look forward to any improvements you guys make! this game has a lot of potential and I’m eager to see how it evolves!