Some GMOD Issues

Hey everyone, this is my first post here so my apologies in advance for any stupid comments.

ahem

So i’ve recently downloaded GMOD for the first time in probably two or three years. I’ve noticed some things that i’m not quite sure are just on my end, of if they are newer updated to GMOD in general.

1.) NPC’s

When i spawn hostile NPC’s, for example a Combine Soldier, i notice that they don’t have any type of weapons. They’re holding their arms as if they have a gun in hand, but there is no gun. They still melee attack when up close, and the Metro Police still run after me, but that’s the extent of their action.

I bring this up because i distinctly remember Combine NPC’s spawning with guns in the past. I had a lot of fun with that. Is that an update, or am i missing something?

2.) Antlion Guards

Every NPC that i’ve spawned finds frozen objects solid, and either can’t move passed them or calculates how to get around them. However, i noticed that when i spawn an Antlion Guard that they can simply run right through frozen objects. They’ll shove unfrozen stuff out of the way, though. Does that carry over from the programming of the original Half Life 2, like how GMAN can’t die?

3.) Saving

This one confuses me the most. When are you able to save a GMOD game? When i start a singeplayer map, work for an hour and go to save…i get a confirmation that my game has been saved. Yet, i attempt to load a game up later and find that i have absolutely no saved games.

I can deal with the other stuff…but can someone give me a solution to this? Am i doin it wrong?

Alright, that’s the extent of my problems at the moment. Changes i’ve noticed since the last time i downloaded GMOD a few years ago.

and FYI: My Source games are Half Life 2 and DOD: Source.

Thank you!

I don’t think it’s necessary, but just in case:

AMD Athlon DualCore Processor 6000- 3.00 GHZ
3.25 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4600
XP Home Edition

Isn’t there a combo box down the bottom of the spawn menu where you can choose? I’m not sure; it’s been a little while since I played too.

Apart from the first problem. I think your gmod is glitched.
Verify the game cache. If it still doesn’t work reinstall gmod.