Some of my first work with Source 2 Hammer Editor

Here is some of my work with source 2, mostly from 2020. I’ve been trying to get back into it again with s&box on the horizon (hopefully). I’ve started with Source 1 years ago so this is a big learning curve for me with how much has changed between the two editors. However the workflow in Source 2 Hammer Editor seems much more efficient and I’ve realized how much better it really is over the previous one the more I play with it.

My first Source 2 level done with the bootleg tools that came out before official workshop tools released. I used this to experiment with S2FM.

Short Video

Images

My second project was a recreation of Half-Life 2 apartments in Source 2. It was pretty basic and only included the first 2 floors, but it taught me a lot about the Source 2 Hammer Editor.

Images

I began work on more Half-Life 2 City 17 outdoor environments, but never had the time to finish this map completely.

Images

I’ve been having time again to get back into learning Source 2 Hammer Editor and have a few small maps I’ve been working on, but with s&box coming around I’m hoping to do more with it in the near future.

7 Likes

Good stuff, unfortunately you won’t be able to play these on s&box because it has hl:alyx assets

2 Likes

I mean, you can still play them in singleplayer, and even if you do upload them, rules aren’t enforced right now, I guess they will be when it’s open though.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been reading through and found out about it. It’s a shame but understandable. I’m assuming s&box will come with some starter assets?

2 Likes

It will, they’ve hired a few artists to make loads of assets, and facepunch owns Rust, so they can use those as well, but it’s still up in the air whether they’ll use them, I think they say they look bad (as in all rust props are broken down and post-apocalyptic styled).

I hope they at least keep the vegetation other nature-related stuff, they don’t look bad, and they’re already using it in their own maps.

2 Likes

You know what would really stand out and help, If you posted some guides about Source 2 Film Maker, I’d love that!

2 Likes

I would love to be knowledgeable enough on the software to be able to make a good guide for it, but I still have a lot to learn with it myself. But the best way to learn something is to teach to someone else :thinking:

1 Like