SOMEONE PLEASE HELP rust crashes when it is done loading since patch tried everything (listed below)

Ok…

Ever since the patch When I launch rust it does one of 2 things: automatically closes after loading easy anticheat or gets past easy anticheat and automatically closing after I get to the main menu (the one that says home/servers/quit etc.)

My first line of troubleshooting the issue the minute the patch came out( I was getting ready to play all day/night on the fresh wipe…) was to uninstall the game and reinstall it. This however did not resolve the issue… it made it worse because after uninstalling I looked at the reddit forums which everyone was saying the resolution is to delete the config.cfg file from within the rust folder in steam.

As I uninstalled and reinstalled the game I did not have this file. I then replicated the files as seen online in the reddit forums, then tried to launch the game. The issue was still happening. I then removed the cfg files as explained on reddit (there were many many comments of people saying it worked for them) but when I removed the cfg file the issue remained.

I trolled reddit forums/twitch looking for a resolution I even tweeted playrust hoping for a reply but didnt get one.

I then (late last night 2 or 3 am) decided to reformatt my harddrive and wipe everything. I was overdue for one anyway. I then only reinstalled my drivers, google chrome and steam (rust of course) and thats it but the issue STILL REMAINS.

I would also like to note that I have attempted running the game regularly and dx9 after each troubleshooting step I took.

Earlier today I went to my friends place and tested my account and their account with rust on both of their computers and I was able to login and play both times.

I have emailed facepunch support (email thread below) however they are no longer replying

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

email thread with facepunch support:

I have just now finished installing 210 windows updates. This did not resolve the issue…

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 17:50:05 +0000
Subject: RE: RUST CRASHES ON LAUNCH EVEN AFTER TRYING ALL TROUBLESHOOTING SUGGESTING ON REDDITplease add a flair
To: branden_418@hotmail.com

First, make sure that you have all the latest Windows updates installed.
Was this message helpful? Yes It was OK No

On Fri, 7th Aug 2015 at 6:47 pm, Branden <branden_418@hotmail.com> wrote:
I literally reformatted my hard drive last night and that didnt even work. My mind is blown. ANYWAY below are the attached files you requested.

Attachments
• DxDiag.txt (24.13 KB)
• output_log.txt (28.87 KB)

On Fri, 7th Aug 2015 at 6:37 pm, Orkel wrote:
Branden,

Could you navigate to Steam\SteamApps\common\rust\RustClient_Data and attach the file output_log.txt in reply to this ticket.
Also attach a DirectX Diagnostic report (DxDiag file) , you can find out how to do this here http://support.facepunchstudios.com/...of-my-pc-specs

On Fri, 7th Aug 2015 at 4:12 am, Branden <branden_418@hotmail.com> wrote:
PLEASE SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOT HELP ME. My game crashes on launch however due to the fact I uninstalled and reinstalled rust as my first line to troubleshoot the issue.
So even though I am still having this issues I have no cfg files I can remove to resolve the issue.
I have tried adding these cfg files launching the game. (which did not work) I then removed these files and attempted to launch the game again which did not resolve the issues.
I have recently attempted removing steam completely and all files associated then I reinstalled steam and rust but I am still having this issues!
So you can see my frustrations…
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

View and manage this ticket online: http://support.facepunchstudios.com/...RWHJDJW83AGK7W

Facepunch Studios · http://support.facepunchstudios.com/
(#BQTEARWHJDJW83AGK7W)