Sound Outside But Not Inside

I was wondering if there’s a way to make an ambient_generic work outside of a house or trigger, but not inside of it. Like have a looping sound whenever you’re outside a building, like wind, but when you go inside it stops? Thanks in advance.

You could do this with a trigger_multiple on the outside but it’s easier to do it with soundscapes.

Thing is, it’s for Zombie Master, a multiplayer game.

env_soundscape?

Does this play for everyone or just the people inside of it?

Anyone?

Trigger_soundscape combined with env_soundscape_triggerable is what you’re looking for. And yes, in multiplayer, they only apply to the client passing through the trigger. Keep in mind, though, that soundscapes keep playing outside the trigger - this means you could just put two triggers near a door instead of having the entire outdoor and indoor areas covered in excess triggers.

Fucking thank you. Do you guys know any good blizzard sounding… Sounds?

I wouldn’t know where to start, but I know you can make custom soundscapes and PakRat them into the map or something, the Valve Dev Wiki should have some information on it.

Search for ‘wind’. Should bring up quite a few nice sounds.

-Snip-

[editline]11:12PM[/editline]

Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable/enable fog for certain clients in a multiplayer game? Like, outside the fog is enabled, and inside it isn’t?

How big is your building. If it’s not too big, you could just play around with it till you can’t see it indoors.

Thing is, the fog is set to make it so you can see only about 5 feet in front of you, max. This is so you don’t see zombies until… Well, it’s too late.

What game is it for?

Zombie Master.

Then it’s a different thing, but I think you can disable the env_fog_controller with a trigger and then enable an other one that has settings more suitable for interior environments.

Will it work for clients, or everyone?

Enabling or disabling the env_fog_controller is a serverside thing it would apply to everyone.

However, as of the most recent Gmod Update, Garry added some functions that allow for manipulation of fog, so you could actually use some custom brush entity triggers to manipulate it through Lua.

I would do that, but this is for a Source mod, Zombie Master. Oh well, thanks for the help.

If they have a system for fog like l4d you can create volumetric fog that is client side, it changes fog_controller dynamically when entering a new volume. I don’t think this is possible in Zombie Master though.